Move Up bid email - EDGE

jcpc

Has anyone sailing on Edge in the next month received an email from Celebrity to participate in the Move Up Bidding process to bid on a cabin upgrade.  I don't think I've seen anyone sailing on Edge mention this and it appears that all sailings in the next 4 weeks have availability.  I'm wondering if they are not offering this Move Up bid process on Edge.  Thanks.

I called Celebrity and then I called the Captain's Club. Both told me that if I didn't receive an email offer from Celebrity then I wasn't chosen for this promotion. We sail next Sunday and I was hoping I could bid on an upgrade. There is a separate dept. that handles this and neither rep I talked to could help me. I was disappointed because I saw many available empty cabins when I checked. Oh, well!

On 12/14/2018 at 11:29 PM, jcpc said:

Has anyone sailing on Edge in the next month received an email from Celebrity to participate in the Move Up Bidding process to bid on a cabin upgrade.  I don't think I've seen anyone sailing on Edge mention this and it appears that all sailings in the next 4 weeks have availability.  I'm wondering if they are not offering this Move Up bid process on Edge.  Thanks.

Celebrity Edge is excluded from move up bid program.

• 3 months later...

IMG_4082.thumb.jpg.ec50b0f8c7ca34c013458b21a57f8ba1.jpg

Our sail away date is in 5 days.  We received an upgrade bid email about 2 weeks ago.  The cabin we have booked is Concierge Class IV and did bid (very low, but still fingers crossed) on a Celebrity Suite, but sadly have not heard from Celebrity.  Online those suites were always "sold-out".  We like the actual separate bedroom area

because travelling with kids.  

Edited by Darth Mom

On 12/16/2018 at 3:47 PM, funlover2370 said:

Celebrity Edge is excluded from move up bid program.

I believe they do offer "Move Up" on Edge.  Many folks on our April 28th cruise have received move up offers.  😊

16 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

When you are upgraded, do you also get the free perks.

If your bid is accepted you keep whatever booking perks you had with your original booking but you only get any amenities which come with the new stateroom.  For example if you had 1 perk in a Verandah and won a bid for a Sky Suite which generally includes GoBest perks you only keep your 1 perk and only get CC points for the Verandah room.  But you do get Luminae and Retreat Lounge (or MC) as they are amenities of the Sky Suites.

This is outlined in the Terms&Conditions which you should read carefully before bidding.