BOGO on Symphony

LuCruise

Just curious for anyone who booked BOGO on Symphony, what restaurants were you assigned?

We're hoping to get Chops for one of them.  I know you can switch when you get onboard, but we tried that on our latest cruise on Indepenence, and we ended up having to keep our assigned Giovanni booking due to availability (unless we wanted to eat late at night).

We´ve done the BOGO in the Med on the Symphony. We just went to the Specialty Restaurant Desk on embarkation day and picked the ones we wanted. We´ve never been assigned to any restaurant or ever got any notice in our cabin.

We wanted Hooked for the first evening and Wonderland for the second evening (as it was our anniversary). No problem at all. O.k. we had to go with 8 pm for Wonderland but that was o.k. for us as we didn´t have any show.

steamboats

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

We´ve done the BOGO in the Med on the Symphony. We just went to the Specialty Restaurant Desk on embarkation day and picked the ones we wanted. We´ve never been assigned to any restaurant or ever got any notice in our cabin.

We wanted Hooked for the first evening and Wonderland for the second evening (as it was our anniversary). No problem at all. O.k. we had to go with 8 pm for Wonderland but that was o.k. for us as we didn´t have any show.

steamboats

Do you remember which 2 restaurants you were assigned?  I'm guessing Jamie's for one as it's one of the cheaper ones but wondering what they select for you.

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Do you remember which 2 restaurants you were assigned?  I'm guessing Jamie's for one as it's one of the cheaper ones but wondering what they select for you.

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

I'm booked on the Feb. 2nd sail and would be satisfied with 2 of the 3 mentioned--Chops, Jamie's or Hooked.  If you like lamb chops, Jamie's is the one.

7 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I never was assigned to any specific restaurant as I said before. Same for the Harmony in 2017 (but there I had the 3 night package). No notice in the cabin. When we ask at the Specialty Restaurant desk we were free to pick what we wanted. Both on Harmony and Symphony I was never told whether they had selected anything for us. Both times I was under the impression that they didn´t have a clue and didn´t even know of any assignment by the ship.

So my advice is go to the Specialty Restaurant desk as soon as possible after boarding and make your choices!

steamboats

We had the BOGO on Symphony. Picked the time on the cruise planner and found out once onboard that they no longer assign a first night. We picked Chop's and Wonderland for the BOGO,  We made our  reservations  for nights 3 and 5.  Although Hibachi Grill is not officially included we were told that if we went to Izumi on a slow night that the Grill might be available and the host would cancel our other reservation. We also added the 5 night package as well.   We had also made a full price reservation at Wonderland because we needed night 5, when we made our reservations onboard we were able to use the BOGO for Wonderland on the night we needed and they gave us a refundable OBC for the original cost of Wonderland. happy cruising

Let me add to Steamboats reply.  There was long line at the reservation desk, we went straight up to Wonderland and made all our reservations with the host in Wonderland. She was the one that suggested we try to get into Hibachi Grill on a slow night. Wife is allergic to seafood and did not want to try Izumi.  Once onboard they do what they can to make you happy.

It's a bit rubbish you can't select your choices pre-cruise, and especially rubbish you can't do it via the App on "smart ships" after you board.

Had to queue for about 20 minutes on Symphony recently wasting exploration time in order to book at the desk after buying the BOGO online.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies.  Interesting that they don't assign your restaurants as a default.  That's how it worked on our recent cruise on Independence.  Good tip to go to Wonderland as probably less visited (although probably won't be our restaurant selection as we're coming with kids).  Do restaurants in Central Park have long line ups?  Swoopy, where did yyhave a long line?  Frustrating waiting so long.

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We had the BOGO on Symphony. Picked the time on the cruise planner and found out once onboard that they no longer assign a first night. We picked Chop's and Wonderland for the BOGO,  We made our  reservations  for nights 3 and 5.  Although Hibachi Grill is not officially included we were told that if we went to Izumi on a slow night that the Grill might be available and the host would cancel our other reservation. We also added the 5 night package as well.   We had also made a full price reservation at Wonderland because we needed night 5, when we made our reservations onboard we were able to use the BOGO for Wonderland on the night we needed and they gave us a refundable OBC for the original cost of Wonderland. happy cruising

How did you get nights 3 and 5 when booking for BOGO?

10 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Let me add to Steamboats reply.  There was long line at the reservation desk, we went straight up to Wonderland and made all our reservations with the host in Wonderland. She was the one that suggested we try to get into Hibachi Grill on a slow night. Wife is allergic to seafood and did not want to try Izumi.  Once onboard they do what they can to make you happy.

On the Med cruises there are a lot of first timers not booking the specialty restaurants. So in our case there was no line. Just one person in front of us. The only thing was, that there were no clear signs. So we lined up after that other person just to find out that this was the MTD line and the Specialty Restaurant Desk was behind the MTD line in the middle...:classic_huh:

But yes, you can to to any of the specialty restaurants and make your reservation there.

steamboats

• Thanks 1