RC Changed Itinerary on 12/17 for sailing 12/23!

tifosiv122

3 hours ago, tifosiv122 said:

Unfortunately that isn't true - 3 of the places we were supposed to see on the 26th is closed on the 25th.

I'm raising the bullshit flag on your 8 grand and I'm curious what is closed on Christmas as I know a few things are (Hemmingway Museum).

I think the poster said $8000.00 for 3 days.  Now, I'm looking at the new trip, and it is two days but they are getting an evening to enjoy also.  So they are not out of $8000.00.   I'm sure the private cars and tour guild is expecting payment on arrival?  I'm pretty sure, they will work with you to make changes.  You might want to note that tour guild makes $20-$30 USD per month.  If you truly paid the amounts you said, you covered their annual salary for themselves, their spouses and adult children for the year. 

I might have overpaid but I expect the best - it is what it is. I'm not looking for discount or deals, I don't have the time and I don't really care.

Since the BS flag has been thrown - here is my proof (this was for 6 people initially, but the numbers easily scale higher if you guys can do the math - we added people to the cruise). In regards to the other statements - everything was pre-paid, non-refundable. We literally paid 2 days before RC changed the itinerary KNOWING it was never going to happen!

Here is the updated itinerary:

Havana:

Arrive 12/24

Pick up in classic convertible car around 8:45pm and transfer to Tropicana for the Tropicana Cabaret Show for 2 people  (this is a wonderful show!)

12/25

10am estimated start time, walking tour of Old Havana with our expert guide offering insight of history along the way

Walking tour includes steps as requested, we suggest a stop at a cigar house where there is an experienced cigar roller there every day so you can see first hand how they are made. An additional guide will be available incase parts of the ground want to stay behind

Lunch reservation set up for you

3pm Panoramic tour of the city in classic convertible guides with your guides

5pm estimated return to the boat

The classic cars are Available to you during the evening in case you want to get back off the boat and you want us to organize dinner, live music, a cigar and rum tasting etc. this can be planned on the ground with the guides directly should you want this. If you don’t want to plan it ahead of time, additional services can be paid via cash on the ground 

Cienfuegos:

OPTION 1) Guide and transport will be waiting for you while you settle and get off the boat,

930 estimated start time  driving tour all around the beautiful town of Parque Marti going through national monuments, visit the Malecon seaway, old architecture etc. 

12 lunch reservations

130 estimated depart to Palmira town about 7 miles from Cienfuegos to visit the Santeria (Afro-Cuban religion) in their private temples - declared cultural heritage, you will be about to talk about the religion in recent times and get to know them one on one- very awesome tour!!

OPTION 2) TIME PERMITTING

930 leave for Trinidad roughly 2 hours away, 

11 arrive to Trinidad and enjoy a walking tour of the town with our expert guide

1 lunch at a local house and then return to Cienfuegos

In all honestly, given the time you have in Cienfuegos, I would highly go with option 1 to get a more cultural educational and fun experience.

Please let me know your thoughts on this, NO additional payment is needed as this will all be covered by what you previously paid and we will cover the remainder. 

I have to say, Cuba Handling did an AMAZING job changing everything at the last minute.

Here is one of the main things I'm missing....the Jewish Quarters. We really wanted to see this and it is closed on Christmas. This was more for my family then myself, but I cannot control everything. 

RC has personally upped their offer of a refund - we are making progress, but not enough in my opinion.

Screen Shot 12-20-18 at 12.16 PM.PNG

so wait,

you have to see if your firm will be handling the class action suit but didn't bother read the cruise contract that you agreed to that explicitly states that they reserve the right to change itinerary?

source

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/cruise-ticket-contract.pdf

6. CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER: a. Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination, lodging or any activity on or off the Vessel, or substitute another vessel or port of call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.  

Good luck-

you'll need it

On 12/18/2018 at 4:58 PM, BND said:

Of course it's Christmas in Cuba.  Why did you say that?

Sure its Christmas in Cuba and anywhere you celebrate it. But it is not widely celebrated by Cuba's residents thus same as any other day.

A couple yrs old, but here you go

http://cheekyjaunt.com/christmas-in-cuba-travellers/

Maybe I am missing something here because I'm not seeing much sympathy being thrown your way on this issue, but I understand your frustration completely.  You were made to believe you would have two full days in Havana to work with, and now they conveniently inform you with only one week's notice that there was some "glitch" on the published itinerary, leaving you with one fewer port (Cococay) and a wonky (for lack of a better term) schedule for Havana.  Besides having less time in Havana, you also will be there on different days than originally planned, so you have to reconfigure all of your private tours.  Arriving at 7:00 PM the first day and calling that "extra time" in Havana, as stated by Royal in the email, is a JOKE!

This is what I keep going back to read: "As a result of a recent glitch, our systems and website displayed that we’d be in Havana, Cuba on Wednesday, December 26th, until 5:30 PM, when we were actually set to sail on the same day, but at 5:30 AM."  The result of THEIR glitch is what I wrote above, regarding the loss of a port and time in Havana.  Seriously, why did Royal not catch their glitch way earlier?  This is such a drastic change in the original itinerary, within the full penalty cancellation period, that I would be super ticked if I had to deal with this.  You're not getting what you signed up for.  The way I see it is that this is 100% Royal's fault, and their offer of $100-$200 OBC to make up for it is insulting.

I know, I know, they can make any changes to itineraries at any time and not offer a dime.  I just expect a little more in the name of customer service (remember what that is?).

On 12/17/2018 at 5:58 PM, tifosiv122 said:

Nobody controls weather - I've missed ports, and I have no right to complain. They do the best they can. A "glitch" is another story....

Maybe some spell or auto-correct changed switch to glitch

39 minutes ago, maysill88 said:

Seriously, why did Royal not catch their glitch way earlier?  This is such a drastic change in the original itinerary, within the full penalty cancellation period, that I would be super ticked if I had to deal with this.  You're not getting what you signed up for.  The way I see it is that this is 100% Royal's fault, and their offer of $100-$200 OBC to make up for it is insulting.

I know, I know, they can make any changes to itineraries at any time and not offer a dime.  I just expect a little more in the name of customer service (remember what that is?).

Exactly! It's not a slight change or anything of the sort...

It is indeed a disappointment especially since it is an RCCL computer glitch. It was never a 2 day port as it was from noon on Christmas Day to 5:30 pm the next day. Definitely a few hours lost at Havana and Coco-cay lost so yes disappointing but not a catrastrophy. All tours that I have booked want payment at the end of the tour so I can see why a tour operator that is charging at least 3 times the going rate wants the money paid upfront and non refundable   

If your tour company won’t adjust to the new schedule, you will be able to find a good replacement at a fraction of the cost 

1 hour ago, proggieus said:

so wait,

you have to see if your firm will be handling the class action suit but didn't bother read the cruise contract that you agreed to that explicitly states that they reserve the right to change itinerary?

source

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/cruise-ticket-contract.pdf

6. CANCELLATION, DEVIATION OR SUBSTITUTION BY CARRIER: a. Carrier may for any reason at any time and without prior notice, cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing, port of call, destination, lodging or any activity on or off the Vessel, or substitute another vessel or port of call, destination, lodging or activity. Except as provided in Section 6(e) below, Carrier shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever by Passenger, including but not limited to loss, compensation or refund, by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement, substitution or deviation.  

Good luck-

you'll need it

You missed the point - I was angry before, but now I have a case...they solicited my ticket AFTER they knew they were not going to CocoCay. Essentially RC knew the itinerary was going to change and yet they continued to solicit business (my tickets). I did not book BEFORE they knew - I booked AFTER. Continuing to solicit business under false pretenses (knowing they could not deliver) is VERY different from having to make a change. Again, had the change occurred as an emergency, weather, etc, I would not mind - but this is out and out fraud. Someone in RC made a simple decision that the ship would be far less desirable with the new itinerary. To my benefit, my agent sent me 3 cruises departing at the same time and specifically mentioned that the RC one had a better itinerary for Havana...proving I had other options and that I specifically relied upon the RC itinerary (again, they knew it would never happen at the time of my booking) to book this ship. I booked very late - they knew prior to my booking that it would not go as planned and kept quiet.

5 minutes ago, tifosiv122 said:

I was angry before, but now I have a case...they solicited my ticket AFTER they knew they were not going to CocoCay. 

Not sure how - they can use the "we are not responsible for web site (or CSR) mistakes" excuse.

I think some monkey business is happening as well on the 6 Apr 2019 sailing, Empress of the Seas, to Cuba.  If you try to book that same cruise today, the itinerary is different than what I booked.  RC customer service  tells me the itinerary hasn't changed... so why is the web site different??  Final payment is due 27 December... I expect an email from RC on 28 December:)

Edited by NMG318

38 minutes ago, tifosiv122 said:

You missed the point - I was angry before, but now I have a case...they solicited my ticket AFTER they knew they were not going to CocoCay. Essentially RC knew the itinerary was going to change and yet they continued to solicit business (my tickets). I did not book BEFORE they knew - I booked AFTER. Continuing to solicit business under false pretenses (knowing they could not deliver) is VERY different from having to make a change. Again, had the change occurred as an emergency, weather, etc, I would not mind - but this is out and out fraud. Someone in RC made a simple decision that the ship would be far less desirable with the new itinerary. To my benefit, my agent sent me 3 cruises departing at the same time and specifically mentioned that the RC one had a better itinerary for Havana...proving I had other options and that I specifically relied upon the RC itinerary (again, they knew it would never happen at the time of my booking) to book this ship. I booked very late - they knew prior to my booking that it would not go as planned and kept quiet.

Again it sure seems you didn't read the contract you agreed to when you purchased the tickets,

You waived your right to class action status and agreed to arbitration.

b. CLASS ACTION RELIEF WAIVER. PASSENGER HEREBY AGREES THAT EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN THE LAST SENTENCE OF THIS PARAGRAPH, PASSENGER MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST CARRIER ONLY IN PASSENGER'S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY. EVEN IF THE APPLICABLE LAW PROVIDES OTHERWISE, PASSENGER AGREES THAT ANY ARBITRATION OR LAWSUIT AGAINST CARRIER, VESSEL OR TRANSPORT WHATSOEVER SHALL BE LITIGATED BY PASSENGER INDIVIDUALLY AND NOT AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS OR AS PART OF A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, AND PASSENGER EXPRESSLY AGREES TO WAIVE ANY LAW ENTITLING PASSENGER TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION. IF YOUR CLAIM IS SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 10 BELOW, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL HAVE NO AUTHORITY TO ARBITRATE CLAIMS ON A CLASS ACTION BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT THIS SECTION SHALL NOT BE SEVERABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FROM THE ARBITRATION CLAUSE SET FORTH IN SECTION 10.b BELOW, AND IF FOR ANY REASON THIS CLASS ACTION WAIVER IS UNENFORCEABLE AS TO ANY PARTICULAR CLAIM, THEN AND ONLY THEN SUCH CLAIM SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION.

did you buy trip insurance by any chance- that might be your only hope.

Edited by proggieus

28 minutes ago, NMG318 said:

I think some monkey business is happening as well on the 6 Apr 2019 sailing, Empress of the Seas, to Cuba.  If you try to book that same cruise today, the itinerary is different than what I booked.  RC customer service  tells me the itinerary hasn't changed... so why is the web site different??  Final payment is due 27 December... I expect an email from RC on 28 December:)

Let me know if they do make the change...

16 minutes ago, proggieus said:

Again it sure seems you didn't read the contract you agreed to when you purchased the tickets,

did you buy trip insurance by any chance- that might be your only hope.

First, a company cannot compel you to waive your rights when fraud is involved. There is no getting around this. You can sign anything you want, waive any rights, etc - fraud changes everything. If, in fact, they knew before soliciting the business that it was never going to happen - which as I see it right now, it is the case, no contract can help them. Second, we did - through AIG/Travelguard. Too many things in motion to really cancel outright - I would be cancelling on two groups of people who are flying my Jet back from Florida while I'm gone. In the end of the day, there will be a number - I won't be happy and RC won't be happy, however, both parties will live with. 

I go for the cruise experience, ports are just a plus. I’d suggest that if you really want to explore, fly and stay for an extended vacation. Both have plus sides. Cruise ships can never control the winds and seas. Looks like Vision headed Bach to New Orleans tonight, tomorrow will be rockin and rolling....sea life!

Just now, billy32303 said:

I go for the cruise experience, ports are just a plus. I’d suggest that if you really want to explore, fly and stay for an extended vacation. Both have plus sides. Cruise ships can never control the winds and seas. Looks like Vision headed Bach to New Orleans tonight, tomorrow will be rockin and rolling....sea life!

I agree - with Cuba it was a logistics issue. Too much red-tape - I don't think we could have made it this December with such short notice. Don't get me wrong, I love cruising - first one was in '86 when I was 6 years old - Commodore MS Caribe. NCL, MSC, Carnival, Princess, you name it. RC, for some reason, I never booked. Got back from the 11/25/2018 RC cruise from Texas - it was horrible. Had I not just paid for this Cuba trip I would have gone with someone else, but it was too late. My wife and I were discussing if it was a RC thing or maybe just that ship. Time will tell, but clearly things are not going off to a good start...