NCL Gem Thermal Suite Pass

PJTM

There are heated tile loungers that are heaven.  A jetted therapy pool.  Sauna, steam room in the single sex locker rooms.  I think it opens at 8.  It closes at 10.  Current pricing I'm not sure about.  In April it was $199 for a week I think.  Well worth it. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 8:39 AM, BalconyGal said:

There are heated tile loungers that are heaven.  A jetted therapy pool.  Sauna, steam room in the single sex locker rooms.  I think it opens at 8.  It closes at 10.  Current pricing I'm not sure about.  In April it was $199 for a week I think.  Well worth it. 

So my husband and I can't go to the steam room together, which is fine. Can you tell me what kind of pools are on the Gem here? Pictures we see show seats looking out a large window is this a true fact? We haven't done any NCL spas just the Regal Princess and the relaxing area had small high windows, but the stem and sauna were co-ed.

Thanks for any answers or comments.

53 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

So my husband and I can't go to the steam room together, which is fine. Can you tell me what kind of pools are on the Gem here? Pictures we see show seats looking out a large window is this a true fact? We haven't done any NCL spas just the Regal Princess and the relaxing area had small high windows, but the stem and sauna were co-ed.

Here’s a couple pics I took in March 2017. We sailed out of NYC, and The weather was pretty crappy most of the cruise (even in the Caribbean) and we were really glad we had this!  Purchased is pre-sailing for $199/pp.  The blue lounge chairs in these pics are the ones that looked out through the  large bank of windows.

66D20AB3-0BF6-4C10-A171-F6019EF74944.jpeg

CAA599F8-7667-4377-A6B2-459E9CFDE2C3.jpeg

Edited by ParrotheadG
Added text

18 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Here's a photo of the thermal pool.  This pool has tons of jets.  It is located in the common area so you and your husband can enjoy it together.  

The windows are floor to ceiling by the blue chairs in the pic Parrothead posted above.  Many people nap there.  

DSC_9568_zps42eafd281.jpg

2 hours ago, KateQ22003 said:

Are day passes available, or do you have to buy a weekly package? I am sailing out of Boston at the end of March; thinking the first few days and the last few days might be enjoyable in the thermal suite!

Sometimes, on port days, not sea days.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, goldmom said:

If you buy the passes online before the cruise, can you use the spa on embarkation day?  Thinking of packing the bathing suits in the carry on.

On 1/20/2019 at 3:11 PM, ParrotheadG said:

Here’s a couple pics I took in March 2017. We sailed out of NYC, and The weather was pretty crappy most of the cruise (even in the Caribbean) and we were really glad we had this!  Purchased is pre-sailing for $199/pp.  The blue lounge chairs in these pics are the ones that looked out through the  large bank of windows.

66D20AB3-0BF6-4C10-A171-F6019EF74944.jpeg

CAA599F8-7667-4377-A6B2-459E9CFDE2C3.jpeg

Can’t wait to go lounge 

Is this the same layout on the Pearl?? Sailing in  April on a transatlantic and hope there is a pool for my wife and I to enjoy together . I already paid for the spa because we had sailed on the Breakaway to Bermuda and loved the Thermal spa and assumed it was the same . 

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2019 at 5:51 PM, hilcadon said:

Is this the same layout on the Pearl?? Sailing in  April on a transatlantic and hope there is a pool for my wife and I to enjoy together . I already paid for the spa because we had sailed on the Breakaway to Bermuda and loved the Thermal spa and assumed it was the same . 

It may not matter to everyone, but ships older than the Epic have ladders only in the spa pool. Epic and newer have stairs. It makes a big difference to those of us with bad knees.

• Thanks 1

On 3/1/2019 at 4:13 PM, goldmom said:

If you buy the passes online before the cruise, can you use the spa on embarkation day?  Thinking of packing the bathing suits in the carry on.

It opens later on the first day due to them giving tours to try to get people to buy passes and services

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JesseB said:

It opens later on the first day due to them giving tours to try to get people to buy passes and services

Thanks for the info.  We already sailed, but appreciate the response.  We did end up buying the passes pre-cruise.  We packed our suits in our carry-ons and were able to enjoy the spa after the lifeboat drill.  They opened at 4pm.  We had the place pretty much to ourselves.  Very nice!

• Like 1

For you newbies to the Thermal Spas, it's not clothing optional LOL. A few years ago their was a German woman who walked out of the woman's changing room without a stitch of clothing on. It took about 30 seconds for her to realize she should have a bathing suit on, the look on her face was priceless

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Mel68 said:

Does anyone know if there is a limitation on how many passes are available per cruise?  Wondering if too many people purchase it will be too crowded and not worth the money. TIA

Yes, there is a limit, I’ve never experienced crowds even leaving from cold NYC.

Does anyone know if there is a limitation on how many passes are available per cruise?  Wondering if too many people purchase it will be too crowded and not worth the money. TIA

Do you know how many passes are available?

• 7 months later...
27 minutes ago, Momof2dogs said:

Does anyone know how early the passes go on sale?  So far it’s lusted as buy onboard, but I’d like to get the discount by pre-booking. Thank you!

I was able to buy ours on final payment day. 

• Like 1

Ours is showing in our planner (we are 4 months out) £170 pp for our 11 night cruise.

I'm a bit reluctant to purchase it as the only other one we've done was on the Epic and that was amazing.

Worried that we might be a bit disappointed with this in comparison.