upgrade from cove to deck 11 on horizon

bingomamma19

I just got an email for upgrade our cove balcony to deck 11 for 70 total.   I took it.

I priced out the difference if I booked it and it is a 300 difference.  I am excited to be right close to the pools and food now :):)

We have stayed in many cove balconies and do love them....but also stayed on the LIDO one time and loved being close to everything.   I will miss the shade of the cove, but I will adjust :):)

We go march 23 for an 8 day on the Carnival horizon.     

Edited by bingomamma19
spelling
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MINILvr said:

You won't be disappointed.  I took the same upgrade on the Vista (Cove to Deck 11 Balcony) and we LOVED being on Deck 11.

Did you have any issues with noise from Deck 12? That would be the thing I would worry about, but some people aren’t bothered by it.

21 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Did you have any issues with noise from Deck 12? That would be the thing I would worry about, but some people aren’t bothered by it.

The only noise we heard was occasionally music from Lido when we were on the balcony.  (11259)

4 hours ago, crzndeb said:

I am never bothered by noise....I am usually the one making it out on the lido deck parties  LOL   JK, but I am oblivious to noise and can sleep through anything

We got the same upgrade at a slightly different price on a different ship cruising about the same time.  As we have never had a Cove and we're in the very first one on the starboard side (OV just forward of us), we decided not to take it.

For our third cruise, we were upgraded for free to the Panorama Deck. (11).  That was a great move on their part because now we always book that deck.  It's a shorter deck so there are fewer people walking the halls.  We've never heard any noise from the deck above and the only time we could hear any from the Lido was if we were out on our balcony.

One of the advantages is being close to the Lido deck where all of the action is.  On sea days, it's nice to be able to run back to your cabin instead of using the public restrooms because they usually get pretty wet and messy on sea days.

11 hours ago, mexicobob said:

I really love the Cove balcony cabins.  Can see the advantage of being on the Lido deck but I would never leave a cabin that close to the ocean.  Except for an aft-wrap.  

I love the coves too..but cant pass up the opportunity to be 2 doors from the pools and food :):)  I am looking for total ease of everything this time.

Being able to go back and forth to the room for a drink, change of clothes, bathroom etc...is so nice!!!    I wish I could meld both and have a cove balcony (for the shade) and the 11th floor :):)