Summer in the Baltic...Interior vs. Balcony

Crism

Hey all, we've done a bunch of Caribbean and even a few transatlantic cruises.  We're mostly Interior seekers, but every once in a while we'll splurge on a balcony.  We're looking at a 2020 Baltic cruise on Brilliance from Amsterdam.  12 nights, the usual Tallin, Copenhagen, St. Pete, etc.  Is it much of a scenic trip?  Worth about an extra $600/pp for a balcony?

DEFINITELY!  Going through the Kiel canal is calming and charming; entering the river at St. Petersburg is astonishing (it's RUSSIA!) and historic, and winding through the little islands en route to Helsinki and Stockholm alone make the balcony worth it.  It's an expensive cruise; don't short yourself of some of the joy for $600.  Get the balcony!

11 hours ago, Jana said:

DEFINITELY!  Going through the Kiel canal is calming and charming; entering the river at St. Petersburg is astonishing (it's RUSSIA!) and historic, and winding through the little islands en route to Helsinki and Stockholm alone make the balcony worth it.  It's an expensive cruise; don't short yourself of some of the joy for $600.  Get the balcony!

Totally agree a lot of $$'s difference but would be worth the extra on this sailing.

If it is late summer, specifically 8/21 & the 9/2 TA, will the temps be warm enough to enjoy a balcony?  Being from Maine, I am thinking yes, but on the roll call someone (from southern California) suggested otherwise. I'm sure the answer will be different for each individual, but the question may be worth considering.

Did the Baltic on Vision a couple of years ago in June. It can be rainy and cold at any time in the Baltic. Two of the 4 four sea days were very cool and rainy. We opted for an inside cabin and ended up very happy we did not spend the extra money. However as I recall a balcony on our cruise was far more than $600 pp more. At that price I probably would have went for it. Whatever your choice you will have a great cruise the Baltic was a high lite for us.  

I think you will enjoy either way, but if your budget is OK with it, go for the balcony.  

Daytime in the Baltic is a lot longer than we are used to.  So, if you need absence of light for a good sleep, there could be an advantage to an inside.  Haha