Voom question

hylasgirl

I haven't sailed RCCL in quite some time.  I'm used to  Celebrity where my status gets me free wifi.   In the Cruise Planner I'm seeing the price for the Voom package and it says two devices.  So... can my husband and I just buy for one person and both of us sign up one device?   I don't do a lot of online activity but thought it looked affordable if only one of us purchased.  Thoughts?  Thanks in advance! 

I think Royal has the most reasonably priced plans compared to Celebrity and Princess. I added voom for $10 a day on one of the drink packages for one device. That's even a better deal than the free minutes I get on Princess which get burned up fast with the poor service and you can't even stream.

10 hours ago, hylasgirl said:

I haven't sailed RCCL in quite some time.  I'm used to  Celebrity where my status gets me free wifi.   In the Cruise Planner I'm seeing the price for the Voom package and it says two devices.  So... can my husband and I just buy for one person and both of us sign up one device?   I don't do a lot of online activity but thought it looked affordable if only one of us purchased.  Thoughts?  Thanks in advance! 

If I were you I would buy the voom package for 1 device.  That's what we are doing.  You can both use the same log on info as long as you are using it one at a time.  I have the soda package with the voom and it was only $10 a day more to include the voom.  I hope this helps!

If you keep checking your cruise planner, prices change on the voom package.Surf and stream   I purchased 1 device and 2-3 weeks later, it was on sale for $50% off.  Cancelled and rebooked .So ended with 2 devices for the same price I had already paid for 1.   

Thank you for the responses.   Just to clarify, like I mentioned in my original post, I usually sail Celebrity.  I have read that Royal doesn't give me the same perks as I get with them.....  hence this post.   Also...  the Cruise Planner mentions that I get TWO devices per person... not one.  So my question was, can me and my cabin mate share the package for 1 and both of use our own ONE device?  

There was no option for VOOM for 1 device.  It was for 2 devices. 

And in response to discounted items with my status....  does Royal give us coupons like Celebrity does?  Like laundry and wifi?  If so, I'll wait on the internet, but I read somewhere that they don't give as great as coupons as Celebrity does.

33 minutes ago, hylasgirl said:

Thank you for the responses.   Just to clarify, like I mentioned in my original post, I usually sail Celebrity.  I have read that Royal doesn't give me the same perks as I get with them.....  hence this post.   Also...  the Cruise Planner mentions that I get TWO devices per person... not one.  So my question was, can me and my cabin mate share the package for 1 and both of use our own ONE device?  

There was no option for VOOM for 1 device.  It was for 2 devices. 

And in response to discounted items with my status....  does Royal give us coupons like Celebrity does?  Like laundry and wifi?  If so, I'll wait on the internet, but I read somewhere that they don't give as great as coupons as Celebrity does.

Not sure why you are not seeing it but you should see the option to buy a 1 device Voom package. If 2 devices need to be online simultaneously, it is cheaper for a 2 device package than two 1 device packages but you can use as many devices as you want on a 1 device plan, just one device at a time. You will have c&a coupons for laundry and WiFi. If your reciprocal status is Diamond, you get one free 24 period of internet or the equivalent off a package. The laundry coupon is $10 off. If both of you are Diamond and only 1 device needs internet at a time, it is likely cheaper to use your coupons, first getting a free 24 period and the other to buy Voom for the remaining days. 

Thank you Blackshirt.   Well, today I can see the 1 device.  I did not see it the other day on Cruise Planner.  The difference between the two makes the 2 devices a good deal and we may likely need to be on at the same time (work stuff) so not a bad deal overall.   Thank you for your response.  

Just remember that your status from Celebrity will give you Diamond.  So one person might want to buy the single device VOOM (or a drink package plus VOOM) and the other person use the two coupons.  Each coupon gets you one 24 hour period or $23 off a package.  So many folks buy a 24 hour in the middle of the second day and then on the fourth day use the $23 off to buy for the remainder of the cruise.  This isn't full cruise, but gets you a lot.