Sky

ilmsg

14 hours ago, ilmsg said:

Would a 3 or 4 night cruise on the Sky be ok for kids age 6 and 9? Was thinking of doing a Disney cruise so there would be more for them to do but the same cruise on the Sky is much cheaper.  Any insight?

No.  Sky is second oldest in fleet vintage 1999.  Been on all four DCL ships and no comparison here at all.

I know DCL is crazy expensive but IMO after you get home the pain will be relieved by the great time you had.

The simple answer is yes. I can't, and won't, try to compare to her Disney. I was just on the Sky in June to Cuba and GSC. There were children of varying ages (infant to teens). The Sky is older but I loved her.

For Kiddos:

Basketball/Volleyball Court (used by adults as well)

Splash Academy

Video Arcade

Children's Pool

My opinion only,on the 3 day, I would not take a 6 & 9 year old.  It may not be a party boat, but there is a lot of partying.

i have not been on a 4 day, but would think a different crowd on that cruise.  As decided mentioned, she is older and would not have as many amenities for children.

I think you'd be fine.  the Sky stops somewhere every day (GSC, Nassau, Freeport) which is fun.  I would recommend staying on the boat at Freeport and using the slides and pool which should be fairly empty then.  Freeport was a zzzzzzz for me. 

that said, my nephew is a spoiled brat and would have probably disliked the Sky as a youngster.  my kids are captivated by ships since they don't cruise as often. 

(I'm a former Disney character, decades ago, and I've never sailed Disney.  I'm available for hire, fyi!!!)

• 4 weeks later...

I had sailed on 6 different cruise lines in the past, and they all seemed to have very nice children activities.  But I was flabbergasted at the vast number of supervised activities for children on Disney.