Bottle water check in or carry on

usahawk1

We will be on the island princess 2/28 - 3/11 10 day cruise. I have been getting mixed info from princess. One person said she couldn’t see anywhere that says I can’t check a case of water. 

Another was a call from princess ( I emailed their site) saying that if I tried to check it, it would be confiscated never to be seen again. Also the same with soda. Seems rather hard to do as carry on. Anybody know for sure what happens ?

13 minutes ago, usahawk1 said:

We will be on the island princess 2/28 - 3/11 10 day cruise. I have been getting mixed info from princess. One person said she couldn’t see anywhere that says I can’t check a case of water. 

Another was a call from princess ( I emailed their site) saying that if I tried to check it, it would be confiscated never to be seen again. Also the same with soda. Seems rather hard to do as carry on. Anybody know for sure what happens ?

Is this Ft Lauderdale?

Have never seen or heard of water or soda confiscated by sticking a bag tag on it and giving it to the porters.

LA/San Pedro is one of the strictest as far as checking drinks that are carried on for alcohol.

You can pre purchase water in the personalizer for 12 bottles for $6.90.

It has been in our cabin upon arrival. Must buy pre cruise.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, usahawk1 said:

I echo everyone else, just purchase a couple of cases of water from Princess @ ~$6.50 for 12 bottles and have them in your stateroom when you board.    Princess has the BEST price on water, delivered to your cabin, of any cruise line I have been on.  

But if you must bring on water, then tape a bag tag to the top of the case of water, and put it with your checked baggage.   It will make it to your cabin without difficulty.  Have seen lots of cases of pop/water delivered this way.   No glass bottles tho.

Edited by Valiamo
  • Like 1

If your experience is like ours (we sailed on the CB out of FLL last month), you will get 2 - 1.5 liter bottles of water with each Unlimited Soda and More package you purchase. 

I bought two cases of water at the great price of $6.80 per case, got 4 of the big bottles and on top of that qualified for two small bottles delivered to our cabin each day. We were swimming in bottled water!

8 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Water on board the ship is great.  We just carry sports bottles and fill them up on the ship.  Have never had a problem taking them on and off the ship. See no need to purchase what is already on board for free.

I’m guessing  you haven’t green stuff come out of the tap in the cabin like we had on our last cruise. 🤢

Not a big deal really, just popped the cap on one in the sea of water bottles we had staged on the counter and away we went...........

4 hours ago, bemis12 said:

Agreed. Not worth the hassle to save a dollar

Another option is get a ZERO Water Pitcher and several filters..it saves money and space. We use our ZeroWater pitcher at home all the time. 

We used to put 24 bottles in an old duffle bag and attach a luggage tag. It usually arrived before our luggage. The duffle bag was a heap one and lay flat on the bottom of a suitcase going home. 

Now that we can preorder water, we do that. Not as cheap, but not expensive, either. 

5 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

I’m guessing  you haven’t green stuff come out of the tap in the cabin like we had on our last cruise. 🤢

Not a big deal really, just popped the cap on one in the sea of water bottles we had staged on the counter and away we went...........

Never had that problem on any of our cruises on various ships.

44 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Never had that problem on any of our cruises on various ships.

Hope not to have it again! It was only from the bar sink. Not from the bathroom sink. Perhaps a function of not being used very much. Whatever the case, we avoided that particular faucet for the entire voyage. 

14 hours ago, Potstech said:

Water on board the ship is great.  We just carry sports bottles and fill them up on the ship.  Have never had a problem taking them on and off the ship. See no need to purchase what is already on board for free.

Agree 100%. So much easier and the water tastes fine. Better for the environment, too.

10 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

Hope not to have it again! It was only from the bar sink. Not from the bathroom sink. Perhaps a function of not being used very much. Whatever the case, we avoided that particular faucet for the entire voyage. 

Bar sink?  You had a bar sink?  We never have had a bar sink.

19 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Why? I would venture to say the ships water is probably filtered better than that already.

Why? Simply because that's my preference and I was offering another option.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

At Fort Lauderdale, we have never had an issue.  We always board the ship at about 1 pm. Rooms are ready by then.  We put our 24 bottles of water in a roller bag and bring them on with us.  We also bring our two bottles of wine in our carry on bag.  We last cruised out of FLL last December.  No issue at all.   

For European / Asia / Japan / Alaska / Hawaii, we order water because we like American water (and we usually get some version of it).  On one Asian cruise, we were promised American water and Malaysian bottled water was delivered to the stateroom and we objected and they quickly replaced the water with American.   I trust American springs over foreign spring water.     We are sailing out of San Pedro in a couple of weeks, and have pre-ordered the water as we are totally unfamiliar with that port and do not need another bag to worry about.  We will be dropping off our car at Enterprise in San Pedro.

2 minutes ago, pink845 said:

We are sailing out of San Pedro in a couple of weeks, and have pre-ordered the water as we are totally unfamiliar with that port and do not need another bag to worry about.  We will be dropping off our car at Enterprise in San Pedro.

San Pedro is probably the strictest Princess port in the US during the boarding process..

They will take all drinks carried on and rip open the packaging checking every bottle/can for alcohol, wine etc.

They don't actually open the drinks but they spend a lot of time checking.