“Kids” on a cruise out of nyc...what should I expect?

cruiser123!

I have read a lot of posts about kids on cruises during spring break.  What should I prepare myself for?  Will it be kids (preteens and under) teens or college?   The cruise I’m taking is March 17 Bahamas out of NYC on the Escape.  The last two cruises I’ve taken were during spring break, and we had no issue.   However, they were out of San Juan and Honolulu so that may have a bunch to do with it

thanks!!!

A lot of schools in the area have April spring breaks (2nd or 3rd week), and with Easter the third week of April, there will be fewer kids. College spring breaks tend to be the second or third week in March, but cruising out of NYC is one of the priciest ports to sail from. I don’t think it will be too bad.

5 hours ago, cruiser123! said:

I have read a lot of posts about kids on cruises during spring break.  What should I prepare myself for?  Will it be kids (preteens and under) teens or college?   The cruise I’m taking is March 17 Bahamas out of NYC on the Escape.  The last two cruises I’ve taken were during spring break, and we had no issue.   However, they were out of San Juan and Honolulu so that may have a bunch to do with it

thanks!!!

You can expect something similar. More college kids trying to make a “party cruise” and failing.