New pillow menu in full suites

HaveDogWillTravel

We just got off the Grand last Sunday. We had a full suite and when I read through the book they have on the FS benefits I noticed a new pillow on the menu. It’s called a Dreampad pillow. I really liked it. I was sceptical that low sounds would really lull me to sleep but they did. I usually used it to help fall back to sleep in the middle of the night as I don’t need help falling asleep initially. 

D88EF9C4-9A20-4D9F-BA8B-97B7C548A05F.jpeg

1DD2BEBE-7FC2-46E9-8445-7CDCE58B0CCD.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 7:47 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

We just got off the Grand last Sunday. We had a full suite and when I read through the book they have on the FS benefits I noticed a new pillow on the menu. It’s called a Dreampad pillow. I really liked it. I was sceptical that low sounds would really lull me to sleep but they did. I usually used it to help fall back to sleep in the middle of the night as I don’t need help falling asleep initially. 

D88EF9C4-9A20-4D9F-BA8B-97B7C548A05F.jpeg

1DD2BEBE-7FC2-46E9-8445-7CDCE58B0CCD.jpeg

Jacqueline ... how was your cruise?  We will be in a full suite on the Grand in the fall.  Will have to check out this DreamPad.  

Hi Lisa. The cruise was exceptional. We had the Grand Suite up on the Lido deck. Since it was that slow period before Christmas it wasn’t that expensive. I didn’t think we would use the jetted tub on the balcony but we did every day!  It was so wonderful. I can’t wait to cruise in that suite again. I wish I could sail in the fall. But not until retirement. I did book another Alaska cruise on the Grand August 4th in a guaranty window suite. I’ve never done a guaranty booking before. But since I’m sailing alone I figure I don’t care which suite I get. Maybe our paths will cross again one day at sea!  

I think the new pillow should be in all the suites. It was listed in the book all suites get listing the perks.  Unless they printed a special book just for the Grand. 

On 1/25/2019 at 5:45 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Hi Lisa. The cruise was exceptional. We had the Grand Suite up on the Lido deck. Since it was that slow period before Christmas it wasn’t that expensive. I didn’t think we would use the jetted tub on the balcony but we did every day!  It was so wonderful. I can’t wait to cruise in that suite again. I wish I could sail in the fall. But not until retirement. I did book another Alaska cruise on the Grand August 4th in a guaranty window suite. I’ve never done a guaranty booking before. But since I’m sailing alone I figure I don’t care which suite I get. Maybe our paths will cross again one day at sea!  

I think the new pillow should be in all the suites. It was listed in the book all suites get listing the perks.  Unless they printed a special book just for the Grand. 

Yay!!  That Grand Suite must have been amazing!  We've only been in a window suite once and it is true ... it's hard to go back to a lower category now.  We are booked in that same suite for October down to Mexico.  I agree ... I wouldn't care which suite they put me in.  The club class, specialty dinner and dining in the Crown Grill for breakfast was amazing!!   

Yes ... hope our paths will cross again ... probably on the Star when she comes back.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Yay!!  That Grand Suite must have been amazing!  We've only been in a window suite once and it is true ... it's hard to go back to a lower category now.  We are booked in that same suite for October down to Mexico.  I agree ... I wouldn't care which suite they put me in.  The club class, specialty dinner and dining in the Crown Grill for breakfast was amazing!!   

Yes ... hope our paths will cross again ... probably on the Star when she comes back.  

Looking forward to it!  

• Like 1

I do wish Princess would offer a choice of pillows to the rest of us who can't afford to travel in a full suite.

I personally HATE the fat, pouffy, too-soft pillows that they started supplying when they changed to the new mattresses …. way too soft and thick for a side sleeper. Apparently they are the only kind of pillows they stock, because my cabin steward hunted high and low to try to find one that was thinner and firmer, without success. In desperation I finally had to resort to buying a MyPillow travel pillow that rolls up for packing, because, while it's smaller than a full size pillow, it's not too soft or thick for my needs. It takes up more space in my luggage than I would like, but at least I don't feel like I am being smothered by their pillows. To me they are not even comfortable as something to put behind my back to lean against while sitting on the bed to read or watch TV. 

Or at least I wish they would put one fat pouffy and PLUS one thinner, firmer one, on each bed, instead of two of the overly fat and soft ones. That would at least give all passengers a choice of which type suits them best.

I, too, will never travel in a suite, flamomo!  But I always travel with my contour memory foam pillow, it fits in my 24" suitcase.....sometimes with a little coercion, but comes out unscathed every time.  I'm sure your My Pillow travel pillow works fabulously for you as well.

The DreamPad pillow sounds awfully interesting!

Edited by GloriaF

On 1/28/2019 at 9:17 AM, flamomo said:

I do wish Princess would offer a choice of pillows to the rest of us who can't afford to travel in a full suite.

I personally HATE the fat, pouffy, too-soft pillows that they started supplying when they changed to the new mattresses …. way too soft and thick for a side sleeper. Apparently they are the only kind of pillows they stock, because my cabin steward hunted high and low to try to find one that was thinner and firmer, without success. In desperation I finally had to resort to buying a MyPillow travel pillow that rolls up for packing, because, while it's smaller than a full size pillow, it's not too soft or thick for my needs. It takes up more space in my luggage than I would like, but at least I don't feel like I am being smothered by their pillows. To me they are not even comfortable as something to put behind my back to lean against while sitting on the bed to read or watch TV. 

Or at least I wish they would put one fat pouffy and PLUS one thinner, firmer one, on each bed, instead of two of the overly fat and soft ones. That would at least give all passengers a choice of which type suits them best.

My SIL likes her pillows like you do.  I actually don't know if they even have that type on the menu.  Now I am curious so I will check it out on the Ruby in 10 days.  

Last sailing wife and I looked at the provided literature on the magic pillow and both thought, what a gimmick. No way. 

But wait.....I see some interesting reviews so I download the app on my iphone and find some, well, interesting music/sound selections. 

So, thinking it might be worth at least a shot on next week's sailing. What have I got to lose. I can always turn it off. Right?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

Last sailing wife and I looked at the provided literature on the magic pillow and both thought, what a gimmick. No way. 

But wait.....I see some interesting reviews so I download the app on my iphone and find some, well, interesting music/sound selections. 

So, thinking it might be worth at least a shot on next week's sailing. What have I got to lose. I can always turn it off. Right?

It has a volume control.  I set it low. I really liked it.  Very unobtrusive but soothing at the same time. Lulled me to sleep when I would wake up in the middle of the night. And yes you can turn it off or just toss it aside. Just order lots of extra of your favorite pillows.  I love lots of pillows. 

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel