Premium drinks with Fantastica in the UK?

ssmea03

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Aer Lingus it is!  Direct flights, so staying one night pre-cruise and 2 nights post-cruise to fit in with the flight availability dates.  Pre-clearance in Dublin, too ... YAY.  :classic_biggrin:

DH is currently busily taking down the decorations.  It's a tradition to wait 'til Jan 6 here ... we have 2 names for that date - "Little Christmas Day" and an Irish one "Nollaig na mBán" which literally means "Women's Christmas Day" and is so called because of the Irish men taking on household duties for the day (which would have been a big thing in years gone by!  :classic_rolleyes:)  I still did a special "Nollaig na mBan" lunch yesterday  - DH can't even boil an egg!

We've 2 YC cruises booked for later in the year (so the subject of this thread doesn't arise here, either) and are 'entitled' to the old Deluxe package then, as well.  I just wonder how long MSC will 'grandfather' this in.

Yes I love Aer Lingus for the pre-clearance alone. Great connections from here in Manchester & the routes are ever expanding. We use them a lot for US entry & rarely have a poor experience.

"Nollaig na mBan" sounds like a well kept secret....Let us pray that doesn't catch on over the water here, oh please no! lol

I think the arrangement with the old packages will take literally months/years to reach its conclusion, basically until the last date you could book a sailing from at that fateful date recently & the cut off.

As I've posted I'm still happy with the new Premium Plus, especially if the bidding starts at Premium, as with the current deal to get back 'on topic'!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Surely, this to last for a long while, we booked an Aurea repo for Feb 2020 which includes the old AIB&R package. I didn't book Easy and that's not what I'm expecting to receive - 4 weeks with 4 cocktails to choose from, no thank you :classic_angry:

Yes that is what I mean ….months/years of multi packages.

4 weeks & only 4 cocktails would be criminal ….I like at least 4 before dinner!

So variety really is the spice of life on the ocean waves!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Splendida and there is still confusion over drinks packages, some bars would give you drinks like Daquiris and others wouldn't.

we had classic included under a previous deal but most staff were saying only drinks under easy package included, as we only drink mainly G& T, prosecco and some wine it was really not a problem for us and certainly the bottled water, coffees etc were very useful.

saw a few arguments with staff and I guess as time goes on then the new packages will be more usual and staff will not know about old packages leading to more confusion.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Always worth having a copy of the packages with you and if they still argue ask for the bar manager.

On Divina recently we had no issues with the Deluxe and on the second leg the Classic.

We are on Musica from Durban to Venice April 2019 in Aurea with the All Inclusive Bar and Restaurant package (booked well before November 2018). 

Can anybody provide a link to a copy of the package we have booked that we could print off please? I have a link to the Mediterranean bar menus but only CC and won't have Wi-Fi on board.

TIA. 

Jim

On 1/19/2019 at 9:12 AM, sidari said:

Always worth having a copy of the packages with you and if they still argue ask for the bar manager.

On Divina recently we had no issues with the Deluxe and on the second leg the Classic.

Going off topic, but has anyone heard of UK based cruisers being charged for room service with fantastica ?

On 1/7/2019 at 10:41 PM, cruiser man 60 said:

But I guess on the easy package you can have a mocktail and then add a shot of rum to whatever from included spirits so you get a variety?

They are not daft.

we are on Meraviglia right now. Have taken photos of bar menus but they are on my phone .

We do not have a package of any sort other than the coffee cuddle, wine and water for restaurants and bars which we pre purchased months ago, doing PAYG for all other drinks.

The Easy Package is all drinks to the value of €6. If you ordered a straight spirit they are €6.50 , above the €6 limit of the Easy package so you will be charged full price. It wouldn’t be so bad if you could just pay the difference .

I drink  G&T , am ok with Gordon’s,  as I do not have a package will be charged €7.50 plus 15% gratuity. Guests not on packages are being penalised. 

Our love affair with MSC and the previous package was great  while it lasted but will only be booking in future the deals which include a drinks package promotion. Previously we were happy to cough up and pay but not anymore.

46D7D7D4-8C3B-4394-803D-8F180130EC9E.jpeg

6BCC4943-7704-485D-939F-F891CD16BA37.jpeg

72946CD8-2B22-4606-85D0-EEBA8D55E531.jpeg

Edited by heatherb1958

On 2/3/2019 at 4:19 PM, cruiser man 60 said:

What's the coffee cuddle,wine and water package you purchased as not seen this listed anywhere?

They are no longer available. We pre purchased months ago before the new packages were introduced. You have vouchers once on the ship which you exchange for purchased drinks. All previous voucher systems are being honoured and eventually will disappear 

There is a card in bars mentioning the old drinks packages and what you can upgrade to. No mention of any costs to do so. 

New friends had pre purchased the old package months ago and paid €9 pp per day to upgrade to the middle premium package.

14DA56FA-D389-4A46-99E0-61AEEEFE3684.jpeg

Edited by heatherb1958

I was just checking pricing for Grandiosa for early next year when I noticed a 'gift box' icon next to the Aurea prices.  When I clicked on it and brought up the 'On board services' dropdown menu it states "Aurea upgrade".  Because the Premium drinks package is included for the lower 'Experiences' I'm wondering if MSC, in their (less than) infinite wisdom, has copped on that the 'Easy' package included with Aurea needed to be upgraded so that anyone wanting to book it would also enjoy the Premium package.

No, Dave ... the Ireland website is different to the UK one.  Here's what I'm seeing when I choose one of the itineraries:

293044064_ScreenShot2019-02-05at16_39_00.png.8e39ebb8b2a1715f60087a1f0e33bdbc.png

When I clicked on the 'gift box' icon, next to the Aurea prices, I got the on board service heading.  As you can see, when it dropped down it state "Aurea Experience Upgrade".

If I click next to a Fantastica icon I get the following in the onboard service

1079739167_ScreenShot2019-02-05at16_44_20.png.d121ef047d2b89f77b8eb8848034abd4.png

As has been said already, it was ridiculous that lower 'Experiences' were getting better included drinks packages than Aurea - especially with the price difference.

As it is, I don't think that Aurea is worth €229 pp more than Fantastica.  Most of the extras included in Aurea wouldn't cost anywhere near that.  The 2 benefits that can't be purchased are Priority boarding and MyChoice dining.  As we already enjoy the former as Black Card members, we'd have to weigh up if we would value MyChoice at the extra cost.  Spa access and private sundeck (which has zero value in the Med in the Winter!) don't interest us and we'd never bother with a massage if we weren't in Aurea.

Bea ... looking at the Grandiosa bookings right now and the UK site shows nothing so once again it looks like MSC as usual are picking and choosing as to who gets what with Aurea! all it says is unlimited drinks package! talk about vague.

I thought it strange when I saw the 'gift box' icon next to Aurea prices;  there usually aren't any "on board service" additions to either that or YC 'Experience' prices unless there are wifi and/or excursions included.  As this didn't apply in the case of Fantastica it made me curious as to what was being offered.

Maybe the UK site hasn't been updated? (At least you got an improved one recently ... I'm still waiting to be able to see my VC points and correct level since April last year!)

Bea ... The only inclusion is hot water, tea and coffee on the UK site, never seen any inclusive alcohol package included other than Aurea, and now booking Aurea does not tell you what package is included.

My patience with MSC is almost at its end.

Hey bea, dave ive booked Grandiosa 26/6 through a certain company who i always cruise1st with 😂. Got a great deal 👌🏻  Ive now got Bellissima 31/5 Seaview 3/10 and Grandiosa 26/6/20 and was looking at prices for virtuosa in 2021 my question is when does summer 2021 get released 🤔🤔

Wow ... I haven't thought beyond our Oct/Nov trip yet (well, that's not quite true ... I've been promising myself - and DH :classic_rolleyes: - that I'll cut back on the number of cruises we're doing - the house could do with a bit of attention LOL).  My passport expires in Aug 2020 which also limits me in regards to itineraries where you need 6 months left - I'm determined to not renew it too soon before it's expiration ... it's one way of assisting me in keeping my promise to DH.  Time will tell how that pans out.

I'm trying to remember when the Summer 2020 sailings were released (though failing, I'm afraid) but, I think it was quite late last year (I'm sure that's as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike!).

The bookings on the UK site do not go beyond October 2020 just now, we need them to be added so that we can move our Meraviglia booking from Xmas this year to next year, either that or lose the £200 deposit.

I must admit that I would not cruise 1st with your chosen travel agent but might do second .... 😂😂😂