Live on Reflection: 14 Nt Exotic Southern Caribbean (Jan 4)

mahdnc

4 hours ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

Really enjoying your review.

We are on Reflection soon and we normally book another cruise.  There has been talk of them not offering on board credit to use on a cruise your on.  Do you know if this is true on Reflection at the moment?

I dropped by the FutureCruise office and they said, no.  OBC to be used on the current cruise is no longer offered. 

F56C4D1E-FAB9-45F7-B7DF-AC2B7C8470E3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

Thank you for finding that out for me.  Can't see the point of booking on board now.

Why?

You still get OBC but it's for the future cruise you book rather than the one you're on.

We've also gotten 2 perks with every cruise we've booked on board.

22 minutes ago, chamima said:

Why?

You still get OBC but it's for the future cruise you book rather than the one you're on.

We've also gotten 2 perks with every cruise we've booked on board.

2 perks are also being offered during this sailing. 

B5B3493D-3444-46AB-B6CF-72F84DFC1D29.jpeg

Dinner at Le Petit Chef was good. Food was delicious and the short show before each course was entertaining.

Because of the show/presentation element, there are only two seatings nightly--5:45 and 8:00 pm.  Our 8pm seating was about 50% full. 

It was definitely worth going to but I don't think I would go back a second time to see the exact same show and the same menu that goes with it. 

I finally got a chance to meet Reflection's new Captain's Club Hostess. I'm not sure if I got the spelling right, but her name is Luann. She just transferred over from Equinox. 

She told me that 74% of the passengers on this sailing are members of the Captain's Club.  1137 are Elites or higher. 23 members are Zenith!

On 1/7/2019 at 8:45 AM, Danwes said:

We are on a 10 night ultimate Caribbean too! Departing 29th Nov.

As someone else has said, no bar behind OVC, on reflection. The sunset bar is different too. It's not against the wall, its round, and seems to be larger to compensate for no bar beneath it. (see below)

Image result for sunset bar reflection

The slushie bar on the Equinox is called 'Slush' and I believe it isn't on the reflection.

Love the Sunset Bar on the Reflection!  It does provide additional seating, both at the bar, and around it.  We were on the Equinox at Christmas, and Slush was closed every time we tried to get a drink there.  It was on sea days, and the lines were significant at the other pool bars.  

On 1/12/2019 at 2:58 PM, ghstudio said:

CC has always been slow on ships.  One would think that a travel oriented company knowing their users and the limitations of ship internet speed should have a less verbose mobile site and/or a streamlined mobile app....maybe it's coming....

Cruise lines have clearly been anxious to appeal much more to people under, shall we say, 60 years old.
The vast majority of these generations live, rightly or wrongly, on their mobile phones. Life for them is unimaginable without a phone and lightening connection through the internet. 
By not offering connectivity equivalent to that found on land, the cruise lines do not have a hope of snaring these demographics, at least not for more than one cruise.
Can anyone say, with certainty, why connections on cruise ships are so poor? What needs to be done to improve?

When I stopped by the FutureCruise office yesterday, I noticed that one of the advertising flyers was promoting the new 14 night Caribbean sailing on Silhouette scheduled for Jan 31 2020.

The sailing came into being in early Nov 2018 when her Revolution dry dock finish date was moved by a week. The resulting modification of her cruises after dry dock gave birth to the last scheduled 14 night Caribbean cruise.

The sailing has 6 sea days instead of the normal 5. Compared to this Reflection sailing Grenada and the second day at Aruba are gone and St Croix is added.

The good news is that this 14 night sailing is the first cruise after Silhouette's dry dock. The bad news is that this sailing is the first sailing out of dry dock!

385578F0-B00B-4029-A03B-4B04F6F6B088.jpeg

6E5B0010-8EB4-4425-8165-D2136C04AA3C.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

8 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Dinner at Le Petit Chef was good. Food was delicious and the short show before each course was entertaining.

Because of the show/presentation element, there are only two seatings nightly--5:45 and 8:00 pm.  Our 8pm seating was about 50% full. 

It was definitely worth going to but I don't think I would go back a second time to see the exact same show and the same menu that goes with it. 

I have the feeling that this will be a short lived concept due to the restricted menu and the repeating same show unless they have the facility to change the menu regularly. At least Qsine you had a decent choice of fairly diverse foods and you could always find something you would like, even if it was mostly the same as you had the last time.

The menu in LPC does not suit my wife at all and even the other menu is too restrictive so we will not be visiting, where we would usually visit Qsine at least once a year.

13 hours ago, hopeless holiday booker said:

Thank you for finding that out for me.  Can't see the point of booking on board now.

If you are from the UK there is no way you can get any perks with the new season bookings and that has been the same since they introduced the perks. It does change but not for at least a few months by which time the cabins we want to book are gone. The obc was always nice but we have struggled to spend it on recent cruises as we usually book a SS and get the drink package and internet free plus the extra $300. 

Unless you are replacing the obc for booking on board with something that the TA will supply there is little point in not booking on board.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

23 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

The good news is that this 14 night sailing is the first cruise after Silhouette's dry dock. The bad news is that this sailing is the first sailing out of dry dock!

6E5B0010-8EB4-4425-8165-D2136C04AA3C.jpeg

I agree, the concern for this sailing is being immediately after dry dock.  We are on this sailing along with many others that are refugees from the cancelled 12 day cruise that was supposed to be on February 2.  Celebrity offered this 14-day cruise at the same price as the 12 day cruise and offered an additional $250 OBC.  I'm not expecting much after the dry dock.  I don't care if the new retreat area isn't complete or if they are still working on new Specialty Restaurants, as long as I have my balcony, the Oceanview café is available and a bar is open, I'll be just fine.  I live in Michigan and this will be 14 days on a Southern Caribbean cruise in February.  For us it was a great deal.  If the prices have dramatically increased, perhaps not.

22 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I have the feeling that this will be a short lived concept due to the restricted menu and the repeating same show unless they have the facility to change the menu regularly. At least Qsine you had a decent choice of fairly diverse foods and you could always find something you would like, even if it was mostly the same as you had the last time.

The menu in LPC does not suit my wife at all and even the other menu is too restrictive so we will not be visiting, where we would usually visit Qsine at least once a year.

If they could schedule LPC and traditional Q-sine on different nights, that would be better. But it may not be practical from an operations stand point. Or have different LPC menu/shows