“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

12 hours ago, bob brown said:

Assaf (Ilsun), has reported on our roll call, that Oceania has compensated him for his trouble, and he will be rejoining us at Haifa...🙂

Oceania made a mistake and have acknowledged it.  It is always the way a problem is handled that defines a Company.     I sincerely hope that the Assafs enjoy the "second half"  of their cruise and is able to put this very unfortunate upset behind them.    J 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Beach said:

Anyone want to do a one day excursion to Cario and the pyramids? Need second person. About $350 with Visa change. Flight out of Hurghada,   Jim Beach - cabin 4002..

I am interested. ConnieDoughty 8041

DH and I did this 3 years ago.  We stayed overnight in Giza at the historic Mena House which I see is now bearing the Marriott name.  It’s where all the heads of state used to stay on visits to Cairo. I think it was originally built as a king’s palace.  You get a fabulous view of the pyramids from the swimming pool area since you’re right next to them.  It’s going for under $100 night right now which is a fabulous price for this famous hotel.

We used a local tour company, Memphis I think, for a car/driver and English speaking guide.  You’ll be surprised at how modern the Cairo airport is.  If you spend the night, the sound and light show at the pyramids is good.  The trip was well worth it.  Good luck!

On 5/17/2019 at 7:02 AM, The Beach said:

Anyone want to do a one day excursion to Cario and the pyramids? Need second person. About $350 with Visa change. Flight out of Hurghada,   Jim Beach - cabin 4002..

I just heard that Oceania has cancelled the overland two day tour in Egypt. I have friends on board who were booked on it and I know they’ll be super disappointed. Are you still looking for others interested in going with you? Let me know and I’ll pass your name and cabin number to my friends (there’s two of them) in case they’re still keen on going to Cairo. Thanks!