Setting up a Princess meet and greet ?? Anyone recently done this ?

brockmom

46 minutes ago, suzyed said:

And they have always charged us!

On my last cruise I met with the officer in charge of meetings & a microphone was provide with no charge. I guess I’ve been lucky since I’ve never been charged. Perhaps it’s because I’ve waited until I go onto the ship for my request vs making a request in advance. 

Tom😎

I just did this in December. All the officer names are on the Patter. I wrote out the invites before I boarded .Then I added the names of the officers when I got on board the ship and then handed them into the Guest Services desk.

Corporate has a policy as listed above in the e mail but individual ships sometimes add other things(like coffee/cake etc) if you contact the maitre d and discuss it.

IF Cruise Critic wants policy to change on Princess to be like other lines who offer more to CC Meet n Greets, then they need to make some sort of deal with them.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 6:01 AM, riffatsea said:

I just did this in December. All the officer names are on the Patter. I wrote out the invites before I boarded .Then I added the names of the officers when I got on board the ship and then handed them into the Guest Services desk.

Corporate has a policy as listed above in the e mail but individual ships sometimes add other things(like coffee/cake etc) if you contact the maitre d and discuss it.

IF Cruise Critic wants policy to change on Princess to be like other lines who offer more to CC Meet n Greets, then they need to make some sort of deal with them.

Princess regards the CC Meet and Greets as private events and as such they are not announced in the patter. I find them very easy to set up. Until I recently dropped my laptop and lost all documents I had labels to use on senior officer invitations and templates for the interior. I always put attractive stickers somewhere on the envelope ex the captain on our recent Panama Canal cruise had a pirate hat with a parrot on his!  As Meet and Greets usually fall at "coffee time for me"  on the morning of the first sea day I provide tea/coffee service for 20 people -- it costs about $35 that I pay for with cruise credit. We get delicious brewed coffee !!!!!!!  That seems to be the right amount however many people attend. On our recent January 7 M+G we had a voluntary gift exchange of items that represent us -- we took New Mexico pecan brittle. We had about 50 members and 6+ senior staff attend including the Captain, Executive Chef, Maitre D', Cruise Director, Hotel and Bar Directors. The staff were most welcoming and it was a great start to the cruise. 

Yes, I understand that Princess considers these events to be private parties!

We had 60 people sign up and about 40 actually came.

I didn't think coffee for 20 would be appropriate for that size group!

The person you contact about the private room also will give you a list of things you can order and the prices. You can order the coffee etc. ahead of time.

The wonderful maitre d of the Coral came to our gathering in December.

Afterwards we chatted every time I saw him on board.

Had I known I could have e mailed him to start with and he might have been able to set up something with refreshments. Each ship may have different feelings about doing that since corporate discourages it!