Priority boarding in New York?

bgsh

took  Escape this past october and for the first time,  my platinum meant zero.   I saw the counter was empty and I was told get inline   according to my deck I did, but when I asked 3 different workers what happened to platinum, etc boarding, they looked at me like I had 2 heads!    

1 hour ago, nhquilter1 said:

hmmm I'm silver and one of the "benefits" of Latitudes Silver on the NCL website says priority boarding.

Take another look.......  Silver gets priority check-in NOT boarding (embarkation)...... which basically everyone gets even Bronze 

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nhquilter1 said:

hmmm I'm silver and one of the "benefits" of Latitudes Silver on the NCL website says priority boarding.

Big difference between "priority check in at the pier" and "priority embarkation". You get the longer line at check in. You do not get to board the ship first. 

8 hours ago, bgsh said:

Can anyone tell me if there is a latitudes priority boarding in New York?

We sailed the Escape out of New York in November, and yes, there is a separate check-in and waiting area for Platinum and above.  As soon as you get through security, look for it to the right of the check-in hall.  It was marked with a huge sign saying Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador.  Be assertive with people directing you to lines and have your EDOCS ready, which state your lattitude level.  We arrived a little after 10:00 and went right up to a desk.  The waiting area was very nice, and we were invited to board right after the Haven guests. Great perk! :classic_biggrin:

On 1/8/2019 at 9:31 PM, albertamom said:

We sailed the Escape out of New York in November, and yes, there is a separate check-in and waiting area for Platinum and above.  As soon as you get through security, look for it to the right of the check-in hall.  It was marked with a huge sign saying Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador.  Be assertive with people directing you to lines and have your EDOCS ready, which state your lattitude level.  We arrived a little after 10:00 and went right up to a desk.  The waiting area was very nice, and we were invited to board right after the Haven guests. Great perk! :classic_biggrin:

What if you are not Platinum, but the the group of people you are sailing with are?

1 hour ago, cathi007 said:

What if you are not Platinum, but the the group of people you are sailing with are?

I'm really not sure.  Hopefully someone else will know.  I'm guessing not, but that's just a guess. (Unless you are in the same room as someone who is Platinum.)

59 minutes ago, cathi007 said:

You should board according to your personal latitude level...... make plans to meet on board.

Edited by esm54687

When we went out of NY we asked where Haven area was and was told to sit and take a

number. So I just walked around and found it. As  side note a couple of pigeons had found

the Haven  area too and we had fun seeing the staff shoo them away and then they just walked back in.

They must have done that three or four times.

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2019 at 2:02 PM, Peachypooh said:

When we went out of NY we asked where Haven area was and was told to sit and take a

number. So I just walked around and found it. As  side note a couple of pigeons had found

the Haven  area too and we had fun seeing the staff shoo them away and then they just walked back in.

They must have done that three or four times.

Where did you go for the Haven Check-in? I haven’t sailed from NYC in years - just trying to make my cruise start a little smoother!

7 minutes ago, NayRN said:

Where did you go for the Haven Check-in? I haven’t sailed from NYC in years - just trying to make my cruise start a little smoother!

If it is in the same area, walk into the terminal.( It will really just look like a big square warehouse.) Proceed straight ahead on the right side of the big room. After you pass the regular check in area desks  it is right behind them  in a little room.There is a sign.  Sort of hard to explain but basically stay on the right side of the room and just keep going. The doorway was on the left behind the regular check in. This was summer of 2017.

4 hours ago, NayRN said:

It is in the middle of the terminal. The terminal has a regular check-in area in front and a regular check-in in the back of the terminal (divided by deck numbers). The Haven check-in is in between the two. There is a Haven waiting area inside the Haven check-in and a Haven waiting area roped off outside the Haven door. They board from inside the Haven check-in area. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1