Is the Havana room on Horizon worth it for an iternirary your not crazy about?

aimcat

We really want a havana room on Horizon for our april or may cruise this year but have found the southern Caribbean 8 day iteniterary we want is already booked full on the Havana rooms. Is it worth it to get a Havana room to go with a less desired iternirary in our eyes which is the 6 day echo rios, grand Cayman, and cozumel? If we do a regular room then it's quite a bit higher than say if we did a regular balcony on carnival breeze and still got a more desired iternirary. So wondering how much the ship is worth it and the Havana rooms? We dont have kids and the whole private Havana area really intrigued us and wanted that experience!

Only you can decide if it’s “worth it.” Some people only cruise for the ports, and don’t like relaxing by a pool, so it wouldn’t be worth it for them. But if the Havana area is something you will enjoy, you might see it as worth it. Personally, I am booked in a Havana room for the week after Thanksgiving, and I’m not crazy about the itinerary at all. It’s Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I did this itinerary on our first cruise. But, I booked it specifically for the Havana area. And I also wanted a cheaper cruise so given that we won’t be doing many excursions, it fits the bill (no intended).

• Like 2

Like the last poster mentioned, it depends what you enjoy doing on a cruise. If you spend a lot of time every day relaxing by the pool and using the pool and/or hot tubs, than a Havana cabin will likely appeal to you. On the other hand, if you spend most of the port days off the ship and you spend a lot of time doing the various activities available on the ship on sea days, paying extra for a Havana cabin may not be worth the extra money. Of course that depends on the price difference between cabins when booking the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

We travel in groups (usually), and have been on the Vista and Horizon three times cumulatively, to give you some idea on their feelings, some of that group has told us when they cruise in the future...no ore blue towels...  We feel these rooms are a 100% home run, just a little worried they will keep adding rooms to the area and diluting the product. 

• Thanks 1

I wanted one really bad when I went on the Vista, but it was all booked and then when final payment came, I could not believe how many opened up .. so I would take your chances and book the itinerary you want and check every day … Do not ask to be on a waiting list as I never got the call that they were available I found them on my own .. good luck 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keene state mom said:

I wanted one really bad when I went on the Vista, but it was all booked and then when final payment came, I could not believe how many opened up .. so I would take your chances and book the itinerary you want and check every day … Do not ask to be on a waiting list as I never got the call that they were available I found them on my own .. good luck 

Is that not what your travel agent does for you?

1 minute ago, Kelly68 said:

What is a Havana room ??

On the Vista and the Horizon (and soon to be on the Panorama) Carnival has added rooms in the style (the interiors are different as well) of Cuban looks and feel and these rooms have exclusive rights to pool and two jacuzzi’s located on the back of the 5th floor until 7 pm.  Like being on an entirely different ship lunch less crowded.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

On the Vista and the Horizon (and soon to be on the Panorama) Carnival has added rooms in the style (the interiors are different as well) of Cuban looks and feel and these rooms have exclusive rights to pool and two jacuzzi’s located on the back of the 5th floor until 7 pm.  Like being on an entirely different ship lunch less crowded.

That sounds nice