Government advice for travelers after Brexit. Including no deal.

daiB

16 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Getting boring now folks all we are doing is exactly what the UK government and the EU are doing is going round in circles and not really knowing what is happening or will happen on 29th March.

Boring or not, it is frustrating and possibly misleading to read posts from those who try to display some certainty in what they write, when the only certainty is that nothing is certain at the moment. Hopefully by March 29, there will be a considerable amount of certainty but I am not holding my breath.

50 minutes ago, comcox said:

I came across this announcement on another website: he EU Commission has confirmed that UK citizens will need to pay a fee to visit Europe after Brexit. From 2021, when British citizens travel to Europe they will need to complete the online ETIAS application formbefore setting off.

Until a deal has been signed, ratified and has come into operation, no such confirmation can be given. The withdrawal agreement deal has been rejected by the UK  parliament and nobody knows what a deal parliament may eventually accept is going to look like. Paying a fee may apply if no deal is reached but we are not there yet and may never be.

• Like 1

Sometime over the last few months I am sure I heard that the EU & separately the UK were preparing some sort of transitional arrangements in case of a no deal, these included border and customs arrangements, where I believe they would continue to operate the current systems for 3-6 months in order to prevent the sort of worst cases of chaos that have been posted on this thread.

I must admit I have heard nothing recently, but the media has been drowning in the Irish backstop situation which has taken centre stage.