Once you try Oceania, do you ever go back to Celebrity?

ilikewhatisgood

From a cost perspective we are currently in a Celebrity Reflection S1 corner aft-facing cabin on a 10 day Caribbean cruise with all 4 Go Best perks and paid $354 pp/day. On a similar 12 day Oceania Riviera cruise, we would have paid about $300/pp/day (cruise only fare) for an ocean view cabin. So, yes, we have no problem cruising with X if the price is right for a sky suite and all the suite perks that come along with it AND the internet service is great on the Reflection as compared to the dismal service we recently experienced on our 45 day Riviera cruise. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I tried Celebrity AFTER becoming an Oceania fan.  Celebrity was cheaper, and had some shorter Caribbean cruises, so I decided to book one.  We then booked another two years later (again on Summit).  Then my husband put his foot down and so did I - no more Celebrity. Food wasn't good, buffet was nothing like O's, itinerary was for the masses, had to pay extra for special dining, and food wasn't worth it, ship was way too crowded, passengers were OK but much more into drinking than we are, ship was rustier.  But I was NOT in their upscale Blue area, so perhaps I would have been a bit happier if I had been.  Their entertainment, what little I saw of it, was more of a big stage production and their excursions were a little cheaper.  But we don't care that much about those two things, so those were small advantages for us.  Cabins were decent, and cabin stewards not bad.  But now we've written off Celebrity and use mostly Oceania with some Viking Ocean thrown in.  We book an inside cabin on Oceania so that the price isn't too bad.  We still get the same wonderful service, food and itinerary, and are much happier. But everyone's different....some people love more hustle and bustle on a cruise ship, so they're probably better equipped to overlook some things that aren't perfect. 

We just did  a 14 night cruise on Celebrity Reflection. We had 14 warm sunny days. In the fall, we did 14 nights on Marina. Weather was cool with several rainy days. We had a nice time on both cruises. We did do comparisons. We are looking to book another cruise. Looking at Oceania., not Celebrity. Celebrity costs less. Oceania costs more. If you have the money, go for Oceania.  Oceania cruise is better. Oceania outshines Celebrity in food, amenities, and service.  Celebrity has better entertainment and coffee bar. Cafe Al Bacio on Celebrity is open late at night. If you don’t feel comfortable with the cost of Oceania, go for Celebrity. Celebrity does a good cruise. 

We like Celebrity, done 10+ cruises. We tried Oceania Riviera once on our honeymoon, interesting ports, food was great but I have to admit it was a bit boring. Entertainment wasnt our cup of tea, too slow and noone at the bars after dinner. We loved the pool though. It wasnt crowded (unlike on Celebrity) Oceania is not our first choice, because of price and entertainment. We really loved the food choices but still need more action. We are in our mid thirties- early forties so I think we will continue sailing on Celebrity, Msc Yacht club and some cheaper cruises on Royal Caribbean. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:42 AM, roothy123 said:

I tried Celebrity AFTER becoming an Oceania fan.  Celebrity was cheaper, and had some shorter Caribbean cruises, so I decided to book one.  We then booked another two years later (again on Summit).  Then my husband put his foot down and so did I - no more Celebrity. Food wasn't good, buffet was nothing like O's, itinerary was for the masses, had to pay extra for special dining, and food wasn't worth it, ship was way too crowded, passengers were OK but much more into drinking than we are, ship was rustier.  But I was NOT in their upscale Blue area, so perhaps I would have been a bit happier if I had been.  Their entertainment, what little I saw of it, was more of a big stage production and their excursions were a little cheaper.  But we don't care that much about those two things, so those were small advantages for us.  Cabins were decent, and cabin stewards not bad.  But now we've written off Celebrity and use mostly Oceania with some Viking Ocean thrown in.  We book an inside cabin on Oceania so that the price isn't too bad.  We still get the same wonderful service, food and itinerary, and are much happier. But everyone's different....some people love more hustle and bustle on a cruise ship, so they're probably better equipped to overlook some things that aren't perfect. 

We just got off a 14 night trip on the Riviera today. Outstanding is all I can say. Food was  better than last year(especially Red Ginger) What we do is book an inside. Both times I got an e-mail offering a B-1 (for several hundred more) but still hundreds less than if we had booked the B-1 all along. Staff was outstanding. Pax were well behaved(for the most part!)I do dislike the loud mouth New Yawkers. Had one come up to me about 4 days ago as we were checking the menu. I'll give a full accounting of this clod in my review. Amazing person, just amazing.

We’ve cruised 90% of all lines in the last 20 years. We were most disappointed in the QM2 and Crystal. We don’t care much for Azamara either. Our go to ship is the NCL Breakaway in the Haven. The Haven is a small ship within the mega ship. No Haven no go.  We enjoyed the Regatta years ago.  Same ship as Azamara but didn’t like Azamara. We are booked on the Sirena for 2020.