Seaview reviews

wdwcoltsfan

We are booked on our first MSC cruise this coming June. We decided to book the deluxe Yacht Club cabin. I have been reading the Seaview reviews and it is a little bothersome. In general, I try not to put too much emphasis on reviews, but there are common complaints of rude service and poor food. When I notice a pattern of complaints I tend to pay more attention.

So, who has taken this cruise and had a good experience? I have considered looking at other lines before final payment. This is for my husband's 50th and I don't want a cruise with rude, poor service.

Thanks!

Rachel

There is (almost) zero chance of receiving rude or poor service in YC but, if in the most unlikely event that you did, you only have to speak to the head butler or even the hotel director and, believe me, it would be sorted!

Food is subjective, but is, overall, better quality in the YC dedicated restaurant than is offered in MDRs.

Bea

I have cruised on the Seaview, but not in the Yacht Club. I must say, though, that it was my favorite ship and cruise entirely too date, and it will be hard to pass up.

Remember that service is subjective. A waiter walking around with a seemingly blank expression might suggest that he is angry, or in a bad mood with the guest to an American, because Americans tend to be very smiley and outward about their emotions. Therefore, an American would see this as "poor" or "negative" service. But, since Europeans keep their emotions to themselves more often, and tend to not walk around with massive smiles across their faces, they may see this as simply another waiter doing his job, and won't think anything of it.

Point is, everyone views stuff like that differently, and it is reflected especially in their culture. With MSC hosting a very international clientele, especially from its cruises from Miami where it will only be about 30-40% Americans, it is understandable that there are some reviews that would suggest that MSC has terrible service. I will say I have never encountered any bad waiters or shipboard staff, and have had positive experiences with every person I've worked with onboard. That is why MSC is my favorite. 

Also take into account that I have only ever cruised Bella. If I got good service in Bella, I think you will get impeccable service in the Yacht Club.

My advice: Ignore the reviews, book the cruise, and prepare for an amazing trip on a beautiful ship! 😄

• Like 1

I just booked a YC suite on Seaview for this fall, so have read through all the CC reviews of the ship.  IIRC all the negative reviews were from non-YC cabins.  I was really wishing that CC would allow me to filter the reviews and just read the YCs!  But it did seem that everyone in a YC cabin [even the Insides] had a great cruise.

We cruised Seaview in November and to date I would save It was the best cruise ive taken so far, we have booked again for this November.  Cabin not as good as other MSC ships though, yes it looks nice but not totally user friendly 

What I will say is there are a certain type of cruiser who in my opinion are Rude themselves and treat the staff like their own personal servants Im impressed with the staff for staying calm when treated so poorly by passengers. 

As for food it is personal choice , and there is lots of choice you wont go hungry, they are very accomodating we always asked for extra potatoes and vegetables for the evening meal and extra gravy sometimes, and on the occasions I didnt like what was offered on the menu(Vegetarian options) they did me something else not on the menu