Ventura speciality dining

madster66

Hi everyone.. My dh and I are sailing on Ventura in July with four nearly teenage girls .. all really well mannered.. We would like to treat them to a dinner in a speciality restaurant.. and would love some recommendations.. Thank you 

They would probably like the glasshouse or the beach house.  Glass house is a bit more upmarket but still good prices (lovely steaks and nice tapas style dishes as well)  Beach house also great for sizzling lava rock steaks and ribs..more American diner style.

1 hour ago, madster66 said:

Hi everyone.. My dh and I are sailing on Ventura in July with four nearly teenage girls .. all really well mannered.. We would like to treat them to a dinner in a speciality restaurant.. and would love some recommendations.. Thank you 

Sindhu is very nice.

For a special treat we liked Epicurean.

All of the speciality restaurants are great. I would have a look at  the specimen menus for them on P&O's website to see the food on offer.

Experience wise the Epicurean is a formal fine dining experience with a 'fancy' menu but does have some always available items like steak, chicken. If your children like this type of thing they will be loved by the wait staff who only from my experience don't see many youngsters dining in there. Sindhu is a great alternative if they like asian food that honestly is not too spicey and you can request less spice. I have often seen families in there having a great time. The Glass House has a nice selection of tapas style small plates and a few larger meal choices but the experience there is mostly about the wine/drinks not seen too many families in there but I don't travel in school holidays. The Beach House is the most family friendly I think. The food is nice but nothing that they wouldn't see in a good pub/chain restaurant at home. 

Hope that helps

If your girls enjoy good food and would love “table theatre” (and if you are happy with the not inconsiderable additional charge) then I would say Go For It wrt The Epicurean, and have a meal for you all to remember.

You’ll find sample menus easily enough but I can remember carved/shaved Iberian ham done at your table for starters; sole, beautifully boned etc and reconstructed and served; Chateaubriand, maybe others, and of course crepes Suzette, flamed perilously near your eyebrows!

1 minute ago, janny444 said:

Hi....what is the charge for the Epicurean and is it the same price whether you pre book before your cruise or wait until you are on board....thinking they may do a " special offer" price once on board

£29 comes to mind. I have seen a bottle of wine given but only for very early meal times. Usually very early in the cruise. 

This year for the first time I have seen it Epicurean was 30% off for the first 2 nights. I had prebooked and paid but they cancelled that at their suggestion and refunded to my card then I paid the lower charge. Its usually the free wine for 2 eating early they offer but not sure whether that was offered as well.

You can find the sample menus here: https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/example_menu

Scroll down to the bottom for Ventura. Dinner in the Beach House is 3 courses for the cover charge. It's an American style diner. You can eat as much or as little as you want in The Glass House and its menu  is Wine Bar / Bistor style. Sindhi is Asian Fusion. They might suit your girls better. We enjoy eating out at home but on holiday we like to keep it casual if we don't go to the MDR so The Glass House or Beach House suits us well. 

Thank you all so much ... I think we will go for the epicurean.  The girls will all love a bit of a food theatre experience. We are going to wait to book till we are on board ... just in case there is some kind of offer. But if not it will be a fantastic shared thing to do 😁😁

The waiters are very good in epicurean - probably the best service i have ever had - not intrusive but cater very well for your needs. The food sounds very fussy but is really well presented, cooked and very tasty.. the fill in bits are a little weird but interesting for your tastebuds in a marmite sort of way... i liked one and not the other...

If you like asian/curry can recommend sindu as well also stunning food for the price IMO.. Hope you enjoy your cruise