Waiting to Embark?

cleobella

We will be flying into Fort Lauderdale around 930 am and our embarkation time for the ship is 1230.  It should only take us a short time to get through the airport and taxi over to the ship.  Would we be able to board earlier or will we have to sit around with our luggage for a bit?  Can we drop our luggage off and go to a mall or restaurant nearby?  

Thanks

What cruise line and what ship?  Most lines start boarding about 11:00; not sure why you would be required to wait until 12:30.  By the time you collect your bags and taxi or Uber to the port you should be able to drop your bags with the porters and proceed with check in.

Celebrity does not enforce the times.  Carnival is the only line I'm aware of that actually enforces it.  Royal Caribbean and Celebrity do not.  You can go straight to the port, no problem.  I boarded Celebrity Reflection a few weeks ago with a 1:30 boarding time, at 11AM.  We arrived to the terminal at 10AM.  You are fine.  Just go to the terminal.

I would also like to point out something else that hasn't been mentioned. You did not say when your cruise is but you did say you plan on going from the airport to the cruise port. I hope you're not planning on flying to the port the day of your cruise in the winter time. If so, make sure you have good trip insurance. Just wanted to point that out. 

• 1 month later...

We are in the same situation with HAL. Just received niggificatythat our boarding time is 3:30 with sail away at 5. This is very late. We have to drop our rental car off at 10:30 that morning and will be stuttled to the port. So now we will have to wait several hours to get on the ship?? Is HAL strict about this?