Check in process Harmony of the Seas traveling with mom in scooter

We booked HOTS yesterday !!! Can’t wait for Oct 27th to get here!!    Can you explain the process of boarding and checking in?   I am Gold working for Diamond 🙂   My Mom is sailing her first time ever at 75 years young !!!   How do they handle scooters in this process?

Since she doesn’t require any special assistance (e.g., wheelchair assistance), I would assume she would go through the boarding process with everyone else. Not like she would have to stand in any lines - she has a seat. 

56 minutes ago, LewLewBelle said:

We booked HOTS yesterday !!! Can’t wait for Oct 27th to get here!!    Can you explain the process of boarding and checking in?   I am Gold working for Diamond 🙂   My Mom is sailing her first time ever at 75 years young !!!   How do they handle scooters in this process?

We checked in at the same time as someone else with a scooter and everything from going through security, checking in and waiting in the waiting area to board all seemed to go pretty smooth. Others can provide more detail, I'm sure.

if she has it with her upon arriving to the terminal, she goes through the lines like everyone else.   there MIGHT be a separate   line for security that she can utilize.   then she just waits with the  others needing special assistance with boarding   that is FCFS for the elevators  so even though she has her own  device, she may have to wait until  others  who arrived before her get taken on board in the  provided wheelchairs.  

if  you are renting one to be available on board, she must request  assistance at the terminal.  this may or may not 'begin' before Security.   there are a finite number of chairs available so you will be brought to the waiting area and given a seat  until your turn comes along to  get on board.   Cabins will not be accessible until 1 pm and upon boarding they drop you off at a public venue( sometimes you can get taken all the way up to the Windjammer, others they just drop you off on the same deck you board. ) 

9 hours ago, LewLewBelle said:

There is no difference to getting on the ship, unless you require help.  Most likely staff will direct you to a special "lower counter" to check in.  After check in and if boarding already started, you just get on the ship, with everyone else.  If before boarding, they might direct you to a different place to wait, but often times, we just wait where everyone else waits, because we are not "special", just a person with a set of wheels.  Staff will be stationed around the port, so if you need an elevator, they will direct you to the elevator, and you will get off, and merge back into the line.

If you need "help", than you will request it, and wait for someone.  But being on your own scooter, I don't see why you would need help. 

It can depend on the port.

When we traveled with my parents, at Baltimore, my Dad was using a walker.  Same line for security, but a handicapped line for check in.  They offered him a wheelchair, and we boarded through the crew entry/exit at dock level.

We are flying in day before and taking a shuttle to hotel then shuttle from hotel to cruise port.   If I came across wanting “special” boarding that is not what I was trying to convey.   

I am trying to figure out the entire embarkation process.  Do you get your seapass at boarding or is it in your mailbox when you go to your cabin around 1:00 or 1:30.    How early can we board? We like to get on ASAP to learn the ship.   

Thanks everyone for your reply’s 🙂

If your seapass is at your cabin, you will use your set-sail pass to purchase anything prior to going to your cabin.  Boarding starts around 11am...I wouldn't get there earlier than that, as it will entail a bit of waiting.  If you arrive just as boarding starts, it shouldn't be a long wait at all...if any!

17 hours ago, LewLewBelle said:

Assuming you are departing at Port Canaveral after you are dropped off by your shuttle at Terminal 1, a stevedore will check in your luggage and you then go into the Terminal. They will first ask for your Boarding Passes and Passports or other identification documents. I use a Rollator and at that point am placed in the line for Suite Guests and Pinnacles. If she can get off the scooter she may be asked to do so when going through the security check point. 

From there you go by elevator up to the second floor where you will likely be directed to the first check in station reserved for processing handicapped guests. 

After processing you will be called by boarding number. If the scooter is capable of going up the boarding ramp she may be able to board the ship without assistance. That will be determined by guest services folks in the terminal. My experiences at Port Canaveral have been that they provide great service and are very accommodating! 

Bon Voyage!!!

Edited by Scotty G