Dang government shutdown!

Geargoesdown

Starting to get a little nervous!  I’m a government employee that’s working without pay and I have my final payment coming up shortly for our first B2B!  I already have the money set aside for the cruise but a little scared to pay it off as I have no idea how long this shutdown will last!  Sorry, end of rant.  Just been looking forward to this B2B for a long time and hate to cancel..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Geargoesdown said:

Starting to get a little nervous!  I’m a government employee that’s working without pay and I have my final payment coming up shortly for our first B2B!  I already have the money set aside for the cruise but a little scared to pay it off as I have no idea how long this shutdown will last!  Sorry, end of rant.  Just been looking forward to this B2B for a long time and hate to cancel..

I'm so sorry this is happening to you and thousands of other people. IMO go for it, take the break, sail away and leave the rest on land. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geargoesdown said:

My husband is a retired Federal employee. We went through several government shutdowns but none this long. I know how difficult the uncertainty can be. So sorry this is happening.

• Like 2

A few people contacted John Heald about the same issue on his social media page and he told them he would make arrangements for more flexible payment so if you do still want to go you can try that. So sorry you are going through this.

• Like 4

As some have said Carnival will work with you. I would think banks would as well they know the money is coming. If I were in that situation I probably would’ve looked into and gotten one of those no interest for 6 month credit card deals.

• Like 1

As some have said Carnival will work with you. I would think banks would as well they know the money is coming. If I were in that situation I probably would’ve looked into and gotten one of those no interest for 6 month credit card deals.

Edited by Saint Greg