Live From the Breakaway!

Lovetotravel7559

2 hours ago, Lovetotravel7559 said:

Yes.  We like the quiet and the thick pads on the loungers.  Also the fruity ice water.  But I do agree with others that on a port intensive cruise or a cool weather one it might not be worth it.  We may try the spa area next as we are considering the transatlantic cruise in April and it will probably be cooler.  

We did the crossing on Breakaway in April last year (12 days). Definitely a much cooler climate. First 2-3 days couldn’t even get to Vibe because of the winds (all upper/outside decks were closed). 4/5 were finally nice we spent all day up there (it does start to get cold when the sun starts going down). Hit more cold/foggy weather between Azores and Ireland, stuck it out, but it was cold. Then you hit port after port so not a lot of time after that. If we did the T/A we said we would probably go with the Spa as opposed to Vibe. Also of note we thought we would enjoy it coming back from Europe more than the other way. But we love sea days and being so port intensive at the end was less “relaxing” than having all the ports at the front end and sea days on the back (plus you lose and hour every night for 6 nights going that way).

On 1/19/2019 at 1:26 PM, Lovetotravel7559 said:

I board on Feb 24th, can you tell me more about the 8 bottles of wine you purchased?  I haven't heard of that wine package before.  What type of wine did you get with it?  Thanks in advance! 

So far there has been Rain and Ando? As bartenders.  We didn’t get the beverage package but did purchase the least expensive wine package. It was $176 for 8 bottles.  I had thought about buying and bringing bottles onboard and paying the corkage fee but it didn’t make sense.  DH has had Diet Coke and rum and that drink was 10.50.  Last night I had a cosmopolitan and I think it  was the same.  We just figured an average of $10 per drink and I knew there is no way we would drink that much.  Hope this helps 

4 hours ago, packercruising said:

The Ocean Blue looks fairly small. Are reservations required? The chances of getting them for Valentine's Day is probably zero-none? 

Well we had reservations.  Yes it’s pretty small but probably only 1/3 of the tables were occupied.  I don’t know why you couldn’t get reservations for Valentines Day.  Try online now and if not available then try when you get onboard.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, xsvspd said:

We did the crossing on Breakaway in April last year (12 days). Definitely a much cooler climate. First 2-3 days couldn’t even get to Vibe because of the winds (all upper/outside decks were closed). 4/5 were finally nice we spent all day up there (it does start to get cold when the sun starts going down). Hit more cold/foggy weather between Azores and Ireland, stuck it out, but it was cold. Then you hit port after port so not a lot of time after that. If we did the T/A we said we would probably go with the Spa as opposed to Vibe. Also of note we thought we would enjoy it coming back from Europe more than the other way. But we love sea days and being so port intensive at the end was less “relaxing” than having all the ports at the front end and sea days on the back (plus you lose and hour every night for 6 nights going that way).

Thanks for the info.  Weather that you had on the TA  cruise is about what I would expect.  As DH is a CPA it would work best for us to have the relaxing up front and the ports at the end after we’re rested.  Also we are looking at the cruise that ends in Spain rather than the U.K. and hoping it might be a little warmer.  

11 minutes ago, Lovetotravel7559 said:

Well we had reservations.  Yes it’s pretty small but probably only 1/3 of the tables were occupied.  I don’t know why you couldn’t get reservations for Valentines Day.  Try online now and if not available then try when you get onboard.  Good luck!

Already tried online. All of the Specialty restaurants are booked. Someone said only 30% are offered for online booking. Those crab legs were only appetizers? Any entr'es with them?

1 minute ago, packercruising said:

Already tried online. All of the Specialty restaurants are booked. Someone said only 30% are offered for online booking. Those crab legs were only appetizers? Any entr'es with them?

Well dang!!! You should be able to book when you get to onboard.  You are allowed 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 2 sides and 1 dessert.  Also Ocean Blue is an additional surcharge above the specialty restaurants of $12 pp.  

Thank you for the updates! We are going soon on this ship -- first time on NCL. When you return, will you PLEASE consider posting a copy or photo of the dailies from your trip? I am desperately trying to find them and haven't been able to. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!! We will keep following along enjoying it along with you!

37 minutes ago, packercruising said:

Try changing your party size.

Worked for us.

We will adjust the party size when we get on the ship.

Edited by Partyatsea
content

5 hours ago, fsujewelz said:

I board on Feb 24th, can you tell me more about the 8 bottles of wine you purchased?  I haven't heard of that wine package before.  What type of wine did you get with it?  Thanks in advance! 

It is called Viva Vino. It has been around for years and there is quite a bit of info on these boards about it, including sample lists of the wines covered (although this can change). If you do a search on here for  it then it should bring up some details.

• Like 1

LoveToTravel, can you confirm if the Breakaway has  initiated their new drink prices and the new drink package on your cruise.  If they have are a lot of customers upset?  Just curious.  Thanks and hope you are stilll having a great time.  3 more days 

17 hours ago, cheersforbeers said:

LoveToTravel, can you confirm if the Breakaway has  initiated their new drink prices and the new drink package on your cruise.  If they have are a lot of customers upset?  Just curious.  Thanks and hope you are stilll having a great time.  3 more days 

I'm not LoveToTravel but I'm on the ship currently and yes the new prices have been implemented. I haven't seen anything about a new drink package option. 

3 minutes ago, Stlcardsfan79 said:

I'm not LoveToTravel but I'm on the ship currently and yes the new prices have been implemented. I haven't seen anything about a new drink package option. 

Thanks CardsFan for the reply.  It seems this new liquor increase has quite a few people upset on this board.  Hope your cruise was great for you and the wife.  We leave Sunday. By chance what room did you have, we landed in 10262. 

Hope you're having a great time on the Breakaway... If possible, could you please try and find out if this "premium beverage package" is even available on the Breakaway... As far as I can tell, it's only for the Sun and Sky... Thanks for the info, and enjoy your cruise.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:42 AM, sid_9169 said:

Hope you're having a great time on the Breakaway... If possible, could you please try and find out if this "premium beverage package" is even available on the Breakaway... As far as I can tell, it's only for the Sun and Sky... Thanks for the info, and enjoy your cruise.

New premium package has not yet been implemented on the Breakaway. 

• 2 weeks later...

to find things that you have posted, just click on your CC username and all your posts will appear.

Here is the link to the dailies that you posted:

Thanks for taking the time to it.  I wonder how the schedule will change for the 7 night cruises coming up.

Yes.  We like the quiet and the thick pads on the loungers.  Also the fruity ice water.  But I do agree with others that on a port intensive cruise or a cool weather one it might not be worth it.  We may try the spa area next as we are considering the transatlantic cruise in April and it will probably be cooler.  

Thanks for the review. Can you tell me where you bought your Vibe passes? Sometimes it’s at Reception but not consistently.

Thanks again for taking us along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk