Starbucks ~ gift cards?

29 minutes ago, LovetheTXsun said:

First RC Cruise.  I have been reading that Starbucks are not part of the refreshment package.  Does anyone know if we’re able to use Starbucks gift cards ~ or will it just be another charge on sign and sail? 

Guessing by your posting history that you are on Liberty.  Liberty does not have a licensed Starbucks on board so you cannot use your gift cards.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Guessing by your posting history that you are on Liberty.  Liberty does not have a licensed Starbucks on board so you cannot use your gift cards.

However that means they can use the Refreshment package.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Does Oasis of the Sea have a licensed Starbucks?

On 1/19/2019 at 10:44 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Darn ~ ah well, was worth a shot lol!  Thank you for the heads up.  I thought they were on board throughout RC.  I need to research more about restaurants/ shops/ amenities.  I was trying to avoid the Refeshment pkg bc I’m happy with lemonade & water.  Maybe will reconsider or get a coffee card.  

4 minutes ago, LovetheTXsun said:

Darn ~ ah well, was worth a shot lol!  Thank you for the heads up.  I thought they were on board throughout RC.  I need to research more about restaurants/ shops/ amenities.  I was trying to avoid the Refeshment pkg bc I’m happy with lemonade & water.  Maybe will reconsider or get a coffee card.  

Careful on the coffee card. Most ships are charing extra punches for anything other than a small. Cheaper to pay an you go. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Careful on the coffee card. Most ships are charing extra punches for anything other than a small. Cheaper to pay an you go. 

Ok!  Thank you ~ sounds like paying as I go will be the plan.  Really appreciate it!

On 1/19/2019 at 10:15 AM, Host Clarea said:

You can use Starbucks gift cards at the licensed Starbucks venues onboard.

just be aware that in addition to the normal cost (about the same as at an airport starbucks) they also add the 18% standard RCCL gratuity to the cost, so its a lot more expensive than on land

Yes-Oasis has a licensed Starbucks.  I happily visited every afternoon on our cruise for a doppio iced espresso and earned points on my card for doing so.  Major plus in my book and something I truly missed on our most recent NCL sailing.  Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking that Starbucks GCs for the teenagers before we sail would be a nice Christmas gift if there is one on board the Navigator after the reno they are doing.

Do you know whether a GC bought in Canada would work or are these only American Starbucks GCs that people have been using with success so far?

1 hour ago, mom2two2 said:

I was thinking that Starbucks GCs for the teenagers before we sail would be a nice Christmas gift if there is one on board the Navigator after the reno they are doing.

Do you know whether a GC bought in Canada would work or are these only American Starbucks GCs that people have been using with success so far?

Navigator will have a Starbucks after the refurb. :-)

From a quick google search:

Starbucks Cards activated in any of the participating countries can be used to make purchases and be reloaded in any other participating country. ... The participating countries are; UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Mexico, and the Republic of Ireland.
Card FAQs | Starbucks Coffee Company
https://www.starbucks.ie/customer-service/faqs/card

Edited by BrandFam4
added info