Harvest Caye question

rs12065

• 4 weeks later...

Harvest Caye is different than the typical "private island".  The Belize government insisted on having the bars, restaurants, and vendors on Harvest Caye run by local businesses to provide local jobs. Therefore, food and beverage is not run by the cruise line.  It is more like the Carnival stop in Grand Turk.

It is not like the RCI stops where you are captive to the cruise line. 

14 hours ago, Mjasp said:

So there is a beach right at the port?  If so, if I want to just hang at the beach, I can stay here and save myself cab fare?

Do you have to pay for beach chairs and umbrellas?

Harvest Caye is NCL's private island.  There are no taxi's, there is no where to go.  There is a pool and a beach plus some other things.  They have chairs for free, you can also rent clamshells from what I have read.  The food and beverages are extra on the island.  There are some excursions offered or you can take the ferry (I think it's $20 round trip) over to Placencia to see mainland Belize.

https://www.ncl.com/harvest-caye

• Like 1

16 hours ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

The food is extra too????  How much of a pain is it to walk back to the ship for lunch??

Yep.  😞  I've not been yet, but it's a bit of a walk.  There is a picture on this site showing the pier.  I believe they have a shuttle, but not positive about that.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/harvest-caye-port-1471

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so here is what I learned.  They will take cash or credit cards at most locations.  There is a Landshark Grill and I thought it was a little pricey, there was another venue, and it is in this video where food ran 4-12 dollars.  The trip back to the ship isn't that bad.  This video shows the pool area and some of the beach area.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 9:08 AM, amc155 said:

Yep.  😞  I've not been yet, but it's a bit of a walk.  There is a picture on this site showing the pier.  I believe they have a shuttle, but not positive about that.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/harvest-caye-port-1471

They do have a shuttle, but the ship isn't that far of a walk, unless you are at the far end of the island, then it is a fair jaunt.