Leaving a cruise ship

sarajean

6 minutes ago, sarajean said:

In general what is the latest you can stay on the ship?  We have a 3 pm flight out of airport.

also what is the latest time they serve breakfast.

Trying to plan a pick up time from cruise port to airport.

I believe that you have to finish your breakfast by 8.30 and be off the ship at 9.00 AM, it depends on how late the scheduled arrival to port is. In a few disembarkation ports the scheduled arrival is not until 8.00 AM and then I believe that you have to be off the ship by 10.00 at the latest. 

Generally speaking, they want previous passengers off by 9:00-9:30 a.m.  I’ve known some who try to stay on past that, and they were barraged over the intercoms to call the Hotel Director’s office to leave the ship.  I think they actually left the ship around 10:00 a.m.  But, they were cajoled to leave well before that.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, sarajean said:

In general what is the latest you can stay on the ship?  We have a 3 pm flight out of airport. also what is the latest time they serve breakfast. Trying to plan a pick up time from cruise port to airport.

You have to vacate your room by 8 am. All ashore is 10 am at the latest. New passengers begin to board at 11 am. 

They really want you off the ship as soon as possible so they can complete their turnover for the next cruise. 

Also, once you leave your room, you will be carrying all of your handcarry and luggage around with you in crowded halls, elevators, and restaurants. 

Maybe it is different on a ship by ship basis. On the Getaway breakfast is served until 8:30 in the buffet and 8:00 in the dining room. Cabins have to be vacated by 8:30. Leave your personal items in your cabin while you eat. Last off the ship is no later than 10:00, but the time is not fixed, it depends on how fast the line moves. You can be sure that if the line is gone at 9:00 a.m. they are going to be calling for all guests to leave the ship.

It varies somewhat, but by 10 you'll be feeling all along and will get nasty looks.  The crew is so insanely busy turning the ship.  Out of cabin by 8 seems pretty typical.  Breakfast is usually achievable until about 8:30...the table service restaurants will have shorter hours.  We tend to go around 7:15, have a quick breakfast, back to the room at about 7:55 and out by 7:59.  After that, there really isn't much to do.  When we've had later flights, we've ubered to the nearest Enterprise car rental, gone to a local museum or something, maybe a nice lunch, etc., then returned the car at the airport.

29 minutes ago, kanamurva said:

Is there any service available after breakfast? Like if you have the drink package, can you still get a drink at 8.45?

No, in fact I don't ever recall seeing any bars open that morning.

11 hours ago, rmurray847 said:

It varies somewhat, but by 10 you'll be feeling all along and will get nasty looks.  The crew is so insanely busy turning the ship.  Out of cabin by 8 seems pretty typical.  Breakfast is usually achievable until about 8:30...the table service restaurants will have shorter hours.  We tend to go around 7:15, have a quick breakfast, back to the room at about 7:55 and out by 7:59.  After that, there really isn't much to do.  When we've had later flights, we've ubered to the nearest Enterprise car rental, gone to a local museum or something, maybe a nice lunch, etc., then returned the car at the airport.

Good idea.  Thanks

On 1/23/2019 at 6:14 AM, zqvol said:

No, in fact I don't ever recall seeing any bars open that morning.

Yes, the free UDP for 7 days is actually only 6.5 days at best (the afternoon of boarding day to the about midnight on the day before disembarkation.).  Drink up.

I was doing a back to back out of Miami a few years ago and standing in the lobby for the last guests to leave and clear customs before we could we could do our quick disembark/customs/reembark routine.

There was an elderly couple that waited in their room until there name was called on the PA system as the very last passengers before they even bothered to come down to the gangway.  That couple made all the Back to Backers plus hundreds of people on the pier wait an additional 15 minutes because they didn't want to get off the boat too early.

Don't be that couple.

• Like 1