Royal UP for AU cruisers?

M-H-B

Has anyone with a RCI cruise coming up departing from Australia received a Bid for Upgrade email from Royal Caribbean yet? On the main Royal UP thread, I don't think I've seen any Aussies post about it, so wondering if they are only trialling the program in other locations at the moment?

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a Royal Up offer. 

Explorer OTS Sydney to South Pacific

Offers:

interior with virtual balcony $40AUD pp

promenade view $70AUD pp

Ocean View $140AUD pp

Ocean View Balcony $210 AUD pp

Not sure what to bid yet, if any - thoughts on what a Promenade View room is like? Anyone with experience? 

The Promenade rooms can be noisy if you are an early sleeper or with young children. They hold the party nights in the Promenade -  British Rock, 70s night etc - and mostly starting after 10pm.

Could be advantageous to watch from your window though.

The rooms seem ok and have a window seat/sofa.

• Thanks 1

I have a promenade room on Explorer and I don't have a problem with them but I only book the ones on the 8th floor and away from the front of the ship as that is where all the noise is.   On the odd occasion, they have late night, loud entertainment but it ends about 11 pm.   I choose not to have a promenade cabin on deck 6 or 7.    A number of the promenade cabins are also adjoining cabins and I don't pick these either.    The cabin is much more pleasant than the usual inside cabins because of the window seat and there is always much to look at.

I have also had 2 Royal Up offers for my cruises with similar starting bids to your cruise  but I am not going to bid as I like to pick my own cabins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the emails to Royal Up for my upcoming cruise in a couple of weeks. I already have a balcony cabin in my preferred location so don't really want to for out extra for a suite. I would do it if I received double cruise points but they don't apply for this offer.

2 hours ago, winky81 said:

I have received the emails to Royal Up for my upcoming cruise in a couple of weeks. I already have a balcony cabin in my preferred location so don't really want to for out extra for a suite. I would do it if I received double cruise points but they don't apply for this offer.

What kind of suite?

On 3/1/2019 at 5:20 PM, winky81 said:

Junior, Grand and the two bedroom suites.

Usually don’t get the double points with a upgrade.

unless it’s a bargain I wouldn’t bother with the junior suite,the grand suite has a lot of extras.and would be worth it.

Concierge,lounge access with drinks,free ship tours,preferred seating ,in room preferred dining.

Edited by Chiliburn

A grand suite is pricey,But 

last time we would have drank $500 worth of booze each in the lounges.Theres a cappuccino machine in there that makes a good cup. I usually get a couple in the morning.

Some of the best food we had was at the suites party .lobster,  scallops ect and at the end what wasn’t eaten went into the garbage. We almost cried.

we got small group tours of the ship,bridge,theatre ,kitchen and the laundry. Actually the laundry was the best.

you get a private menu and  number to call the chef for free room service 

All these things add up .So if we see a grand suite for the right price!!

If I could get a Grand at a reasonable price I would do it, worth it for the extras and most are midship.  Very generous pouring of drinks in Concierge Lounge and can walk through to dining with a glass.  Breakfast at Chops, double points, lots of good stuff.