Caribbean Princess places to sit?

aludden2

11 minutes ago, aludden2 said:

I watched a Caribbean Princess youtube video tour, and noticed that there don't seem to be quiet places to just sit and look at the ocean, other than bars?

There are lots of areas to quietly enjoy the sea. Aft of the Horizon Court, the entire deck of the Promenade, Skywalker's which is not used as a bar until later at night, your own balcony if you choose to book one, Sun Terrace and Pirates View and The Sanctuary to name a few. I do like the layout and offering on Caribbean Princess.

Terrace Pool and decks around it.

Club Fusion near the windows, although there are activities throughout the day.

Crooners, by the windows, not busy during the day.

On deck 15 all the way aft in back of Steamer's and Planks there are two small lounges, port and starboard. I seldom saw anyone there last January

Of course, The Sanctuary. Reserve your own lounge. There is a fee. $20/half day, $40/full day, $30/day if you book the entire cruise. If interested go there immediately on boarding to select your lounge and location.

56 minutes ago, aludden2 said:

Thanks!

Most of these are bars, though. I always feel like I am expected to buy something.

While that is true, I have found during the day nobody expects you to buy drinks if you are in those areas.

One of my favorite areas ( besides anywhere on the Promenade) is the couches and chairs just outside the Explorers Lounge on deck 7.  During the day it is a great place to relax and is usually quiet.  In the picture below I have marked the area in Red.

Explorers.JPG

Edited by Akaicb
spelling

There is no need to buy anything, even if it is a bar venue, especially during the day.    Our favorite quiet spot is Skywalkers, which doesn't even have the bar open most of the day.    In other bars, a waiter may approach you once or twice if you're there long enough, but just smile and say 'no thank you' and they'll move along.    The only time we personally dislike people taking up space in a bar is when it's peak busy time (such as pre-dinner cocktail hour) and people park themselves at a table and play cards or read a book for extended periods without buying anything.    

Here are a couple of the views from Skywalkers. It has lots of windows and is pretty empty during the day.

This one is from Skywalkers on the Caribbean Princess. Looking towards the front of the ship.

IMG_2405.jpeg

This one is from Skywalkers on the Golden Princess. Looking out the back of the ship.

Juneau1.jpg

49 minutes ago, Akaicb said:

While that is true, I have found during the day nobody expects you to buy drinks if you are in those areas.

One of my favorite areas ( besides anywhere on the Promenade) is the couches and chairs just outside the Explorers Lounge on deck 7.  During the day it is a great place to relax and is usually quiet.  In the picture below I have marked the area in Red.

Explorers.JPG

Yes, that area is extremely popular. As we passed during the day, there are rarely open seats available. In fact, a common complaint is that one couple will occupy two facing couches, legs up along entire length, discouraging others. Our favorite is the Promenade deck, usually a variety of chairs open, some with padding.  

Edited by JoRoy218

2 hours ago, aludden2 said:

Thanks!

Most of these are bars, though. I always feel like I am expected to buy something.

Ditto others. No need to buy. Just say you don't want anything. Most waiters will place a napkin on your table indicating they have seen you.  Many of the bars don't even open until late afternoon. You will see others just like you.