Hal's website is a train wreck!!!

Hflors

3 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

I'd like to know for sure what I am being "guaranteed."  Not all "verandahs" are created equally.

Your are correct, they do not appear to show the level of category. I already have a level chosen for a guarantee (all that was..and still is available..for my cruise) for my "test", just wanted to see if the price had gone down. I was given 3 prices for the same category, but they didn't identify the levels they referred to. If all they have left is xB and lower, you wouldn't know that and and could not assume the top price was an xA. That is another "flaw".

16 hours ago, PSR said:

If you don't mind starting a new topic with the question you have, there will probably be someone on this forum who will have an answer.

Thanks for that I will certainly do that if I have a very specific need ... meanwhile I just like exploring and finding out as much as I can ... research is a big part of the anticipation 😄

10 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I frequently use Google to find information on HAL's website. It's quicker and more accurate than poking around in the website.

I agree ... that has been my most successful method so far ... and certainly a sign that it could be done better on the actual site if HAL would just set up a decent search option

Edited by Sooz49

Just tried to print out our boarding passes for our Noordam cruise on the 24th February.  All I got was a page of gobbledygook on Notebook 😕.  I think that last cruise the same happened but I somehow got around it but of course I have no idea now!  Very frustrating - surely I'm not the only one with this problem.

Ozcruizer

4starMariner.png

• Like 1

It's amazing how many cruise companies have taken a perfectly good, functioning website and made them glitzy but no longer usable. It's what happens when they let the kids sit at the big table and justify their existence by fiddling with things that aren't broken.

I use the travel department's website at my big box warehouse club.  It lets me enter my search parameters and gives me several cruise from which to choose.  Easy to seach for a particular class and cabin too.  Great OBCs from them also.

Wound up on our first. HAL cruise when searching for a transatlantic that put us in Europe when we wanted to get there.

8 hours ago, ozcruizer said:

Further to my post above, I just had the brilliant (ha ha) idea of trying to print the documents from Chrome instead of Edge.  Results?  Printed straight away, so this time it wasn't the fault of the HAL site.

It is if the HAL site won't accept all the common browsers. No one should have to install browsers they don't want just to get a website to work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ozcruizer said:

Further to my post above, I just had the brilliant (ha ha) idea of trying to print the documents from Chrome instead of Edge.  Results?  Printed straight away, so this time it wasn't the fault of the HAL site.

I contend it remains HAL's fault if a user cannot print HAL documents on multiple commonly used formats. Nor did HAL inform the user upfront they are required to use any certain specific format. 

Did we have this problem before HAL "improved" their website? 

10 hours ago, ozcruizer said:

2 hours ago, RuthC said:

It is if the HAL site won't accept all the common browsers. No one should have to install browsers they don't want just to get a website to work.

In many cases, it's the browser settings, such as pop-up blockers, that cause the problem, not the browser itself. I wonder if, in this case, the Edge settings were more restrictive than ozcruizer's Chrome settings. As RuthC says, the website should work (to the extent that it does) on all common browsers, and I've seen no consistent complaints about any one browser not working.

I did have issues printing boarding passes for our cruise last September and managed to get around it somehow, but I don't remember how.  However, I had not experienced any problems previously, even using Edge as the browser, so it would appear there is some issue between the HAL site and MS Edge.  My son says there is a way around it but he didn't have time to elaborate.  HAL does not seem to adhere to the old principle - if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Ozcruizer

This is what I do to Print Luggage Tags.   You must turn your Pop Up Blocker off or it will not work.

When you click Luggage Tags the Luggage Tags will download to your computer's Download folder.  You need to find the item in the download folder to print.

33058523098_c16fcbaa55_o.jpg

On 1/30/2019 at 3:14 PM, ozcruizer said:

Definitely HAL's fault when they don't think Dubrovnik exists!!  Doesn't matter what browser is used.  I need to fill in pre-cruise flight details on my online check-in.  I'm flying from Dubrovnik to join the cruise in Rome.  There is a drop-down list of departure cities, but Dubrovnik isn't there.  Can't just enter it myself either.  I am in Australia, and the office here can't help with a problem that is obviously a failure of the check-in software.  They have tried a few times though!!  I have sent an email to what I assumed was Head Office in the US, but they just forwarded it onto the Australian office.  Similarly, I used the feedback option while on the Flights section of check-in, and again, just forwarded to Australia, who can't help!!!  The latest is that the Australian office was emailing the IT department in Seattle.  That was 10 days ago, and still nothing.   Luckily I have 4 months before my cruise, so hopefully by then, someone in IT will have discovered that Croatia has an airport in Dubrovnik!!!  🤬🤬🤬

Regards

Jan