Bonnie, Venice port locations for 2019?

stpie

I saw Bonnie's 2018 listing, but not 2019.

Specifically, we are thinking of Azamara Pursuit 3, 2019 from Civitavecchia to Venice. 

My TA says Marittima, but our Venice Tour guide asked port authority, which said San Basilio.  I'm confused.

I know ports can change, but knowing the location helps us plan which hotels to book nearby.

Thank you!

Hi stpie, 

I've been told we are still waiting for our final pier assignments in Venice for the 2019 season. I'm told we typically receive them late-February or March of each year.

If I haven't posted anything by March, please feel free to ask again and I'll circle back. 

p.s. HGC is correct...we normally are assigned San Basilio. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Usually 9:30am is about the latest leaving time.

Thank you HGC!  When is the earliest debarking time, if the schedule says 9 am?

On 3/10/2019 at 2:57 PM, BBMacLaird said:
Just got our pier assignments for Venice, and Good News! All our calls to Venice this 2019 season will be docking at San Basilio!

Thank you so much for following up and updating, Bonnie!

3 hours ago, stpie said:

Thank you HGC!  When is the earliest debarking time, if the schedule says 9 am?

Thank you so much for following up and updating, Bonnie!

Depends when the ship arrives in Venice. If it’s already there the day before then you should be able to get off by 7:00am or possibly earlier. If it arrives that morning, it depends what time it arrives, but it would still usually be there early enough to allow you to get off at 7:00am.

If you are happy to take your own luggage off and the ship is already in Venice, you can get off earlier. If you want to do that you need to tell customer relations at the beginning of the cruise, then you just don’t put your luggage out for collection the night before.

• 3 months later...

Bonnie, our Azamara Pursuit Cruise arrives in Venice, Aug 12.  Is the port still San Basilio?  

I imagine San Basilio will have have some reconstruction. 

Will you please let us know when you find out?  Thank you!

Would welcome information on this also as we are looking now at hotels in Venice for the 13 August departure.

Happy to hedge bets with a hotel near the bus station if that is handy for both cruise ports. Any advice?

Thank you Bonnie. That’s great news that San Basillio is still scheduled as we board the Pursuit next week too. We only disembarked the Pursuit last week and that was at Marittima and the damaged River Countess was still at San Basillio then. We took a water taxi from our hotel close to San Basillio to Marittima which actually was a great way to arrive but as our last day is in Venice this time, San Basillio will be much more convenient. 

• Like 1

Thanks for indicating there is no change announced. The immediate thought on any change was the remedial works to the damaged docks but it seems there is a much bigger debate which could even lead to the bigger cruise ships docking on the mainland with smaller cruise ships docking in the other port. 

I understand there were protests in Venice last weekend about the cruise ship situation and that the Govt have promised a response by 30 June.

Perhaps any reforms are for next year but given the depth of anger it could happen this season.