Bus - Seward to Anchorage

takemeaway2008

What "bus"???     Yes you can eat on buses,  and there usually are bathrooms-  although not the most pleasant.  :) 

Sorry but you really don't get any "feel" of Alaska,    being on a transit bus.   For me, it is the least desirable option.

There are buses that do "stop".   But,   frankly the stops-   are hardly much.   Some include the Wildlife Conservatory-   which for me, is so so at best,  since wildlife in the "wild"   is my priority.  :)   But a lot of people won't have other opportunities,  and enjoy this.  

If you can swing it, take the train instead of the bus as this trip is some of the most beautiful scenery in Alaska. On the train you have both restrooms and good food and drink service options.

Edited by terrydtx

Will need a transfer from Seward after cruise on Holland America's Westerdam in July 2019. Wanting to go to the Anchorage Airport to pick up an RV nearby.

Looks like there's a company, A.C.T. (Alaska Cruise Transportation) that costs $50 per person on Sundays to get to the airport from Seward.

Might book this rather get a transfer with Holland America.  I'm assuming that would be more expensive booking through the cruise line.  Am I correct in this assumption?  Any suggestions, tips are appreciated.

3 hours ago, cezzy123 said:

Will need a transfer from Seward after cruise on Holland America's Westerdam in July 2019. Wanting to go to the Anchorage Airport to pick up an RV nearby.

Looks like there's a company, A.C.T. (Alaska Cruise Transportation) that costs $50 per person on Sundays to get to the airport from Seward.

Might book this rather get a transfer with Holland America.  I'm assuming that would be more expensive booking through the cruise line.  Am I correct in this assumption?  Any suggestions, tips are appreciated.

Have you checked with HAL to see what the price is for a transfer from Seward  to Anchorage airport? I think the last time we cruised to Alaska it was less than $50, but that was 10 years ago and we ended up taking the train option, do not remember how much that was.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Have you checked with HAL to see what the price is for a transfer from Seward  to Anchorage airport? I think the last time we cruised to Alaska it was less than $50, but that was 10 years ago and we ended up taking the train option, do not remember how much that was.

Thank you for your response.  I just checked and a bus transfer through Holland America is $65.  Think I'll make a reservation with A.C.T.