New on Carnival -- Does this line offer OBC to veterans?

Yukonjake

Carnival does offer a Military rate usually the same as Easy Saver. We usually book military and then switch over to Early Saver when there is a price drop.  You do not have to be  active or retired as long as you have a DD214 you qualify. 

The military are not just for retired, if you were discharged you would be eligible if you can find one. They are not offered often. Check around Memorial day, Veterans day . Rates are not much different 

1 minute ago, jmcathome said:

The military are not just for retired, if you were discharged you would be eligible if you can find one. They are not offered often. Check around Memorial day, Veterans day . Rates are not much different 

Oh really? I''ll have to check into that. I thought it specified Military/Retired. Do you have to show them a 214? Would a VA card work?

Discharge papers what ever the form number is. They will take many different things . It is dd 214.  I might be wrong now about not retired. When i started in 2007  it was any veteran, reading now it says retired and active. Check with Carnival to make sure

Edited by jmcathome

1 hour ago, dbrucern said:

Carnival does offer a Military rate usually the same as Easy Saver. We usually book military and then switch over to Early Saver when there is a price drop.  You do not have to be  active or retired as long as you have a DD214 you qualify. 

If you have access to a fax machine, and are working with a PVP (personal vacation planner) at Carnival, just fax a copy of your DD214 to your PVP and it will become part of your information record at Carnival. Then, should a special military rate be offered, you would get either an email or a phone call (or both) from your PVP.

One thing that is great about the military rate is that you can change or cancel up to final payment without any penalties and the rate is usually the same as early saver.  This is a big plus if you book far in advance and things change.

I don't remember when it was but on one cruise I used the military rate and my brother and sister in law got to use that same rate under my name even though they booked it under their name.  I haven't seen that offer in a long time though.  I don't remember how it was worded but if I booked under that rate, another cabin could be booked under that same rate as long as they were cruising with me.

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I don't remember when it was but on one cruise I used the military rate and my brother and sister in law got to use that same rate under my name even though they booked it under their name.  I haven't seen that offer in a long time though.  I don't remember how it was worded but if I booked under that rate, another cabin could be booked under that same rate as long as they were cruising with me.

That was the Friends & Family rate/offer, and it usually comes around in May and November.  EM

I have used the military rate multiple times and did not retire.  I do have to email my DD214 each but not much of a hastle.  Just make sure you block out the area where your SSN is.  They don't need it.

When we have booked them in the past they allowed us to book up to 3 cabins under the Military Rate and each cabin received I think $50 pr $100 OBC with the ones we did.  We haven't used it recently but that was the last trip a year and half ago that we did that with.