Announcing New Online Check-In Enhancements!

BBMacLaird

Ok.  I’ve just done the check in for my March cruise and from my experience in doing it there seems to be a meal made here out of it.  It took me less than 10 minutes to do and is more straightforward than the old way.  I was able to print a boarding pass and copies of a colour luggage tag.  I’m ready to go.  I didn’t take a photo.  It’s optional.  I’ll do that at the pier/on the ship.  So don’t panic!

Phil

43 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Ok.  I’ve just done the check in for my March cruise and from my experience in doing it there seems to be a meal made here out of it.  It took me less than 10 minutes to do and is more straightforward than the old way.  I was able to print a boarding pass and copies of a colour luggage tag.  I’m ready to go.  I didn’t take a photo.  It’s optional.  I’ll do that at the pier/on the ship.  So don’t panic!

Phil

Phil, is the boarding pass the same as the old Xpress pass?

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

No. This is it. No XPress pass any longer. Not as far as I can see.  This is all I am taking. 

Phil 

F663CAD1-30E7-43D5-919C-664C7E3B00EB.jpeg

Phil,  you can actually see these on the iPhone App,  so no need for paper at all.  David.

Edit - just noticed that the pass on the App says you must bring your original travel docs to the port.  

Edited by 150edmiston

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just checked in for our cruise, and I've decided to ignore the Azamara Voyage Planner directive:  "Please arrive no less than 2 hours before your scheduled boardings."  We were allotted a 12:30-1:00 slot - to arrive at the pier by 10:30 just seems foolish ; )  Wondering if the Voyage Planner intention is to have folks board no less than 2 hours before sailing...

1 hour ago, Ithikan said:

Just checked in for our cruise, and I've decided to ignore the Azamara Voyage Planner directive:  "Please arrive no less than 2 hours before your scheduled boardings."  We were allotted a 12:30-1:00 slot - to arrive at the pier by 10:30 just seems foolish ; )  Wondering if the Voyage Planner intention is to have folks board no less than 2 hours before sailing...

I'd simply ignore all of that, and arrive whenever it's convenient for you.  This is not a 5000 passenger RCCL ship where boarding time windows are necessary.

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

I'd simply ignore all of that, and arrive whenever it's convenient for you.  This is not a 5000 passenger RCCL ship where boarding time windows are necessary.

Exactly, marinaro44.  I simply think the wording in Azamara's online Voyage Planner is careless.  It should read, I believe, no less than 2 hours before SAILING, not "before scheduled boarding."  No?

On 3/24/2019 at 10:52 PM, AlbertasRose said:

Does anyone know if the security photo that you can upload during check-in has to be passport style (no smile, no glasses etc.)?

On 3/24/2019 at 10:52 PM, AlbertasRose said:

Does anyone know if the security photo that you can upload during check-in has to be passport style (no smile, no glasses etc.)?

We did ours this weekend. We both wear glasses and did the photos with them on and they were accepted. We were both smiling a little too.  It does say no sunglasses.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ithikan said:

Exactly, marinaro44.  I simply think the wording in Azamara's online Voyage Planner is careless.  It should read, I believe, no less than 2 hours before SAILING, not "before scheduled boarding."  No?

I thought that too, otherwise the scheduled boarding times are a nonsense.