Anthem of the Seas - a quiet place?

No, I know the ship isn't quiet, don't worry. I've been on it before.  But the next time I go I'll be helping my friend with her husband's Speech Therapy as he recently had a stroke. So i'll need a quiet place with not many distractions. I realize the cabin would work, but I don't want to always be in there.  I thought about the Diamond Club in the early afternoon (yes, we're both Diamond members), and when looking at the Deck Plan I saw the Conference Center. Does anyone know if that room is opened and available when not in use? Any other suggestions?

Look back near the Two70 theater, there's a library that's pretty segregated and I don't think gets significant traffic, you could try there if he can get there.  If it helps, I think there's actually a door from the "hotel" hall on deck 6 that exits to the library.  You might get some noise from Two70 but during the day it shouldn't be horrible as it's a lounge of sorts if I recall (our cruise director was a fill-in and may not have actually utilized that room to its maximum so my experience may not be helpful).  Shoot - the Two70 might work as well if there's no activity planned.  The library is deck 6, behind the balcony of Two70, the main Two70 venue is on deck 5.

I'm just not sure if the speech therapy would be a problem for others that might be there.  I know there wasn't much reading material in the library and there were actually some board games when I sailed on Anthem last April.

If you look at the deck plans for deck 6, you can see the wall that separates the library from the theater, there are no doors though.  You can also see the door from the "hotel" section that I mentioned.

If I recall - there were also some chairs that could be moved around near the starboard windows (the bar is on the port side) on the main level in that lounge/theater, and some tables.  You could set him up there with his back to the room (though he'd be facing the sea).  The aft-most section would be the most obstructed for seeing the rest of the room but it's also a walkway.  Go there on embarkation day and check it out, I believe this is also the preferred or only place to grab a bite during that time between boarding and sail away.

You could also check with guest services, or whatever guest services division would support "special needs" and see if they can make an accommodation, but they'll probably just suggest you use the one room they can assure you can be set aside - your cabin.

I think the library is a great suggestion. If you enter through the cabin hallway, the white double doors leading to the library is not readily marked as such so you have to be on the lookout for it. There's also an elevator from the first level of 270 up to the library level that might be useful for him as well.

13 hours ago, skyhawk352 said:

No, I know the ship isn't quiet, don't worry. I've been on it before.  But the next time I go I'll be helping my friend with her husband's Speech Therapy as he recently had a stroke. So i'll need a quiet place with not many distractions. I realize the cabin would work, but I don't want to always be in there.  I thought about the Diamond Club in the early afternoon (yes, we're both Diamond members), and when looking at the Deck Plan I saw the Conference Center. Does anyone know if that room is opened and available when not in use? Any other suggestions?

When I read your post the first place that came to my mind was that exact spot that the others mentioned.  The Library section overlooking the top back of TWO70.  We were on Anthem during a March Break cruise and that location could have been used most times during the day as a Recording Studio it was so quiet 😉

Even the 270 main level on the couches and benches right next to the big windows were usually quiet with the occasional passer by.  There are also some deep corners in Vintages that is probably quiet enough and not too much view on the folks walking to and from 270, and I don't remember any TVs in Vintages.

It is great of you to do this for your friend. I used to be a sound/recording engineer in my previous life, but now I work in a Hospital (21 years) as an A/V guy and medical photographer.  I sometimes get the chance to help the good folks in Speech Therapy and our Audiologists with material and equipment when they need support or even producing standardized test material, so I'm a bit familiar with the good/important work you guys/gals do. 🎖️

Have a great cruise.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, hallux said:

Look back near the Two70 theater, there's a library that's pretty segregated and I don't think gets significant traffic, you could try there if he can get there.  If it helps, I think there's actually a door from the "hotel" hall on deck 6 that exits to the library.  You might get some noise from Two70 but during the day it shouldn't be horrible as it's a lounge of sorts if I recall (our cruise director was a fill-in and may not have actually utilized that room to its maximum so my experience may not be helpful).  Shoot - the Two70 might work as well if there's no activity planned.  The library is deck 6, behind the balcony of Two70, the main Two70 venue is on deck 5.

I'm just not sure if the speech therapy would be a problem for others that might be there.  I know there wasn't much reading material in the library and there were actually some board games when I sailed on Anthem last April.

Been on Anthem twice - Library is very calm and quiet.  My wife and I snuck there a few times just to put up our feet and rest after dropping the young ones off at the kids club.  

• 2 weeks later...