Wonderful Copenhagen 2019.

Its very close to the airport so I don't know if the taxis are waiting here AOF at the airport but I'm sure that the reception will call one for you. 

From the airport to Oceankaj you are probably looking at 350-400 kroner depending on if it's a weekend or normal day. 

Thanks for this thread. I need some advice too. I have a family of 5 arriving in Ocean quay cruise terminal.  Are there large taxis waiting at the  terminal that can take us all with our luggages  in one car ? How much does a large taxi cost and what is the wait for a taxi?

Yes there will also be minivan at Oceankaj, but the wait depends on how many ships there are and what time of the day it is.

A regular taxi to the airport should cost around 350-400 kroner so add 50-100 kroner for a minivan. 

So tell me the date and ship and I can see how busy it will be. 

5 hours ago, Danish viking said:

Yes there will also be minivan at Oceankaj, but the wait depends on how many ships there are and what time of the day it is.

A regular taxi to the airport should cost around 350-400 kroner so add 50-100 kroner for a minivan. 

Danish viking, thanks for your reply. The ship is Regal Princess arriving on May 10 at 5 AM.

10 hours ago, Danish viking said:

Your ship will be the only one in port so it should be easy to get a taxi. 

Our ship docks at 5 am. Are taxis there that early at the cruise terminal? 

Thank you so much for all the helpful information on this thread. I enjoyed reading the posts.

We are thinking of doing the hop on hop off bus in Copenhagen. Does anyone have experience with this?  It looks like there are three lines.  Which one is best? Green line,  City Sightseeing, or Red Buses?

We are also thinking of visiting the ice bar.  How is It?

Thanks

We hope to arrive at our hotel about 14.00 so we have the afternoon to do sightseeing , due to a flight change we lost a whole day in Copenhagen , we are staying near main station i see we can get a metro from there to Osterport and walk from there to the Kastellet and the Mermaid , we would then like to go to Nyhavn how would be the best way to get there ? i wonder about walking to The Kings Garden  and then down Gothersgade?

I have just read about the harbour bus , i am thinking this could be an option for us , is it included in the basic transport 24 hour ticket that we will be getting?

I am wondering about the Tivoli Gardens , its very near our hotel am i right calculating its about 14 euros for the basic entrance ticket ? then rides extra .

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by Saman
another question

2 hours ago, Saman said:

We hope to arrive at our hotel about 14.00 so we have the afternoon to do sightseeing , due to a flight change we lost a whole day in Copenhagen , we are staying near main station i see we can get a metro from there to Osterport and walk from there to the Kastellet and the Mermaid , we would then like to go to Nyhavn how would be the best way to get there ? i wonder about walking to The Kings Garden  and then down Gothersgade?

I have just read about the harbour bus , i am thinking this could be an option for us , is it included in the basic transport 24 hour ticket that we will be getting?

I am wondering about the Tivoli Gardens , its very near our hotel am i right calculating its about 14 euros for the basic entrance ticket ? then rides extra .

Thanks again for your help.

Just a small correction. It's not the metro you can take from Copenhagen Central Station to Østerport, but the S-trains (there's a train every other minute during the daytime). When the metro opens sometime later in 2019, that will be an option too.

It's a 20-30 minute walk from The Little Mermaid to Nyhavn along the harbour. You can take a tiny detour via Amaliehaven, Amalienborg and The Marble Church/Frederiks Church.

The Kings Garden is also an option, as you mentioned. This is a popular place for locals to hang out when the weather is good.

Harbour buses are an integrated part of the public transport system, so public transport tickets and passes are also valid on the harbour buses.

The admission to Tivoli Gardens is DKK 130, around EUR 17. Think 1 EUR is approx. 7.5 DKK.

Edited by I_am_a_Dane

16 hours ago, I_am_a_Dane said:

Just a small correction. It's not the metro you can take from Copenhagen Central Station to Østerport, but the S-trains (there's a train every other minute during the daytime). When the metro opens sometime later in 2019, that will be an option too.

It's a 20-30 minute walk from The Little Mermaid to Nyhavn along the harbour. You can take a tiny detour via Amaliehaven, Amalienborg and The Marble Church/Frederiks Church.

The Kings Garden is also an option, as you mentioned. This is a popular place for locals to hang out when the weather is good.

Harbour buses are an integrated part of the public transport system, so public transport tickets and passes are also valid on the harbour buses.

The admission to Tivoli Gardens is DKK 130, around EUR 17. Think 1 EUR is approx. 7.5 DKK.

Thankyou , when i looked at it i was trying to work out if it was a train or metro , you have cleared it up for me .

Danish Viking, you are awesome! I have a few questions, please...

1) How long does it usually take to clear Passport Control/Customs at CPH? 

2) About how much is a taxi from Nyhavn to Ocean Quay?

3) About how much is a taxi from Ocean Quay to Tivoli area?

4) We’d like to have one sit-down Danish dinner in the area of Nyhavn or within a 20 min walk range. What would you recommend? So far, Puk has looked good to us. Have you been there? 

1) it depends on how busy there is but 10-20 minutes is not that unlikely, however the wait for your luggage can take a little bit longer.

2) 200 kroner is not that far off.

2) The same

4) I have never been to Puk and I have never heard about it and its not on visit Copenhagens list of danish restaurants, not that it can´t be good 🙂

https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/gastronomy/top-10-traditional-danish-lunch

I am leaving the from Oceankaj on June 1, 2019 but on the trip planner application on the Copenhagen transit site I do not see Bus 25 being shown as an alternative from Norreport Station.  I understood that this bus only went to the port in the summer and was operational last year but wondering if it is running this year also or have they cancelled it for 2019.  If running is it operating everyday of the week.  

Funny when i look I get departures at 00, 20 and 40 minute past the hour from Nørreport. 

You can filter your search options to not show the trains, if you do this only 25 should show up. 

Edited by Danish viking

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:59 PM, Danish viking said:

We will be arriving on April 29 on Regal Princess.  We are thinking of leaving the ship at 8:30 a.m.  Is it easy to get a minivan for 4 persons for 4 big luggage to the airport?  Is it better to do taxi or Uber?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

We will be arriving on April 29 on Regal Princess.  We are thinking of leaving the ship at 8:30 a.m.  Is it easy to get a minivan for 4 persons for 4 big luggage to the airport?  Is it better to do taxi or Uber?

Thank you.

Your ship will be the only cruise ship at Oceankaj on that day, so you won't have any problems getting a taxi. Uber is not operating in Denmark.

Edited by I_am_a_Dane

hi!! this thread is amazing!!!!   quick question  we are flying into CPH  and are staying at the Andersen Hotel 1 night before our cruise. is it easy to take the train from the airport to central station ( i think that is the one near the Andersen )??? with luggage??   Thank_you!!!  

1 hour ago, warcon said:

hi!! this thread is amazing!!!!   quick question  we are flying into CPH  and are staying at the Andersen Hotel 1 night before our cruise. is it easy to take the train from the airport to central station ( i think that is the one near the Andersen )??? with luggage??   Thank_you!!!  

Hi,

Yes, Andersen Hotel is located near Copenhagen Central Station (“København H”).

Taking the train, with luggage, is easy. Most (though not all) trains from Copenhagen Airport have low floor wagons with step-free access.

When you arrive at Copenhagen Central Station, use the Reventlowsgade exit. It’s the most direct route from the station to your hotel.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:15 PM, I_am_a_Dane said:

Hi,

Yes, Andersen Hotel is located near Copenhagen Central Station (“København H”).

Taking the train, with luggage, is easy. Most (though not all) trains from Copenhagen Airport have low floor wagons with step-free access.

When you arrive at Copenhagen Central Station, use the Reventlowsgade exit. It’s the most direct route from the station to your hotel.

Thank you so much for your reply i think unless it is pouring we will try the train 🙂 

• Like 1