When Best to Book a Norway 2020 Cruise

debcip

My husband and I have been on 2 Azamara cruises and are Explorer level. We are fairly certain that we want to take one of the Norway cruises in 2020. But there are no advertised “deals” on these cruises as yet. For those of you with more experience, what would you advise?  Is there any predictable time when incentives begin to come out or anything specific that we should wait for?  Or should we just seize the day and book? I guess i should add that we would like an outside cabin or balcony, but are not too particular about our room location. Thanks!

In the past the Norway cruises have rarely had promotions, however this year’s North Cape Cruise is included in the 50% BOGOHO+ promotion, so next year’s might too. The promotion for 2019 cruises started latish last year, so it’s possible that the 2020 Norway cruises will be on promotion towards the end of the year.

Having said that, being from the USA you get the best price guarantee, so you could book and then get your price reduced if it comes down.

The other thing to consider is whether you are entitled to any free nights. You say you are Explorer level and have done 2 Azamara cruises. You could be entitled to 2 free nights if you got to Explorer level within the last year and at least half your qualifying cruises were on Azamara. To get these you have to book within a year of reaching the relevant level, so that might affect when you should book.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 2:40 AM, Arizonasunshine said:

Book it as early as you can. Azamara has a price guarantee, you have nothing to loose. My experience lately is that the early prices are the lowest. I had two cruises booked before the BOGOHO sale and both were lower than the sale price.

True, the best prices tend to be early. 

On 2/5/2019 at 3:40 AM, Arizonasunshine said:

Book it as early as you can. Azamara has a price guarantee, you have nothing to loose. My experience lately is that the early prices are the lowest. I had two cruises booked before the BOGOHO sale and both were lower than the sale price.

As for the “best price guarantee”, don’t count on it. When the price of my cruise came down, I was told I couldn’t get the lower price because my cabin category (vx) was sold out, so I couldn’t rebook, even though it would be the same cabin 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI............

-We booked our July 1, 2019 sixteen day Norway cruise in May of 2018. Veranda Balcony, deck 8.

-We recently saw they were offering "50% off 2nd Passenger" on this trip and checked it out.

-Our old, initial booking (which we kept) was cheaper than the bogus 50% off deal.

Go Figure, Jim

Our experience was different.  We booked when the July 1 Norway & Midnight Sun was first posted in March of 2017 in a V2 cabin on deck 7.  Our TA changed our reservation when the BOGO50 was announced, and we saved $2,500 (and kept our initial booking benefits).  It wasn't "bogus" for us!