Miami hotels

sdrocks

Booked a cruise last fall on the Oasis for February B2B.  Didn't even think about the fact the first leg was superbowl weekend & the superbowl is in Miami.

All the downtown, Biscayne bay area motels continue to show no availability for those dates & even called the hotels & they say there will be openings, the inventor

not released yet.  Booked a Comfort Suites at the airport just to have a room (& reviews acceptable.)  Anyone else have any ideas or what they plan to do ?

Would love to rebook the cruise but have a NRD & not sure if I want to lose the $200, or just bite the bullet & continue with my plans.  

2 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

An airport area hotel seems the best solution.

If you stick with an airport area hotel, we like the Blue Lagoon area.  It's a decent area to walk around. 

Have you thought of looking at South Beach?   Easy walk from the Hampton Inn or others to the beach and a very easy Taxi or Uber to the Port.  We always stay at South Beach for a couple of days after a cruise.  Great food and beautiful beach.

1 hour ago, BlueHerons said:

Or stay north of the event.

Funnily enough, the stadium is actually closer to Fort Lauderdale but people always stay in Miami.

Almost all the events (other than the game of course) will be held in Downtown Miami and Miami Beach. 

To the OP. I would not re-book a cruise because you are staying a night at an airport hotel. You made a good choice, you'll have to see what the hotels are like once they open up. They will be expensive though. Just keep checking. There are other areas to say in. Do you already have your flights? You might find a flight flying into FLL and want to stay closer to that area. 

The entire area will have increased rates, especially in good locations whether near Ft. Lauderdale and especially Downtown Miami/Miami Beach. 

You have a good plan as of now. 

Thanks for all the assistance.  I did also check the Blue Lagoon area & consistently say all rooms sold out.

Everything I've looked at that are sold out are Hilton properties.  As it's not a huge deal for one night, may just stick with

what I have.  I'm sure if the other properties do open up, they will be way expensive.  We were just in Miami June of 2018 &

did some sightseeing then prior to cruising on the Harmony, so that is not even important at all.  Will review the South Beach

area & see what's out there.  Don't think it's worth paying $200 a night more just to be in the Brickell area & know the crowds

will probably be what I want to avoid anyway.  We got the Comfort Suites at $144 a night with our AAA discount & has

continental breakfast & according to the reviews a Starbucks & other restaurants close by, so will probably not worry

over much about looking.  Once I get on the ship I'll be fine.  

1 minute ago, Sand and Seas said:

Your $144 sounds like a great rate for that time period.    Like you said, once you get on that ship all is good.  Have fun:classic_cool:

Yes, especially if the other rooms do open up & the prices are 200 -300 dollars more !!😃

I am also going on the Oasis for the Super Bowl cruise.. and I got a hotel in South Beach for the pre-cruise for $334.00 for 4 people, just booked it last weekend.. I kept checking expedia everyday.. and noticed that some hotels pop up one day and disappear the next day.. or the price doubles the next day. 

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

I am also going on the Oasis for the Super Bowl cruise.. and I got a hotel in South Beach for the pre-cruise for $334.00 for 4 people, just booked it last weekend.. I kept checking expedia everyday.. and noticed that some hotels pop up one day and disappear the next day.. or the price doubles the next day. 

I am still checking everyday to see if anything changes.  May try & call sporadically too.

I have stayed at the Comfort Suites Airport North ( Minola Drive )in 2016 and found it very comfortable and clean. They offer a free shuttle to the port and the breakfast was very good. I booked it again for our Aug 26th cruise to Cuba. The price I paid was higher in 2016 and the rate I got this time was $ 87 for 3 people. I hope that it has not changed much since then.