Upsell offer - doesn't seem like a good deal

Tweedy

My TA just emailed me with an upsell offer that doesn't seem like a good deal but I could be wrong.  We are sailing the Coral Princes 18-day through the Panama in April.  We currently have a BD-balcony booked and the offer came through at $405 pp to a mini-suite (no mention of category).  I'm on the fence but it doesn't seem like that good of a deal or am I missing something?

For 15 nights, it might be worth it to have the extra room ... but nearly another grand in cost.  Hmmm?  I'd flip a coin because it isn't a horrible deal unless you got one way up in the very front of the ship.  

If it were club class, which is probably isn't because they would have mentioned that, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.  

I talked to my TA and she did a dummy booking and it was not a good deal that Princess offered for the upsell.  We have sailed a few times in a mini and enjoy the extra room.  In fact when we originally booked this cruise we booked a mini.  Then we went on a 28 day and decided that 18 was not long enough and booked a 7-day cruise on another line to kick off the vacation.  We are happy with what we happy.  If another offer comes through, great.  If not, oh well.

Edited by Tweedy