Here we are again...need a beach

mitsugirly

Oh no—sorry to hear that. The first time we emailed we got a response quickly. The second time we emailed, just to confirm our reservation, it took several days and another email to get a response. I’m sure they will respond—he was very professional and organized on our day there. Try to email again. I reeeeeally want this to work out for you! 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, beshears said:

We are planning on making it just a little bit tour (Timothy Hill viewing) and Carmbola Beach in St. Kitts. Any points on how far this beach is from the port?

Carambola is only about 15 - 20 minutes from port.  It's on South Friars Bay, same stretch of beach that Shipwreck is on.  We spent a few hours at Shipwreck in 2015 and that's about how long it took. 

On 3/9/2019 at 1:38 PM, mitsugirly said:

I just emailed again....I'm getting nervous (especially since there will probably be 10 of us wanting this tour) and only a month away. 

Fingers and toes crossed. 

Mitsugirly, were you able to contact Javin?  I was able to book a tour with them for late April. His assistant was the one who’s responded to my emails.  

8 hours ago, janiss815 said:

Mitsugirly, were you able to contact Javin?  I was able to book a tour with them for late April. His assistant was the one who’s responded to my emails.  

Yes, I finally got a response from the assistant. 🙂

Pghsteelerfan, yes CC does come in handy when asking questions of others.  If I know the answer, like you have done, I try to answer questions also.  I have read that some people feel embarrassed to ask, but I said there should never be any question that most people who have cruised would have an answer for.  Sometimes I go to TripAdvisor, but I really like CC, and after I get back from my cruises, I always try to write a report on our trip. I'll tell you a little funny.  I have been getting all my clothes out (my sons say I take my whole house with me, and normally I do, but then that is just ME!) and had all my flats/heels lined up on the bedroom floor.  I had most (just the outer clothes I would be wearing in the day and night) of my clothes spread out on my queen size bed, covering most of it.  Low and behold, right in the "middle" of all my clothes was my cat Buffey.  He always seems to know when I'm going on a trip, like he wants to go to. 🙂 Once again, thank you for your help.  This Sunday cannot come SOON enough for me!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, beshears said:

Pghsteelerfan, yes CC does come in handy when asking questions of others.  If I know the answer, like you have done, I try to answer questions also.  I have read that some people feel embarrassed to ask, but I said there should never be any question that most people who have cruised would have an answer for.  Sometimes I go to TripAdvisor, but I really like CC, and after I get back from my cruises, I always try to write a report on our trip. I'll tell you a little funny.  I have been getting all my clothes out (my sons say I take my whole house with me, and normally I do, but then that is just ME!) and had all my flats/heels lined up on the bedroom floor.  I had most (just the outer clothes I would be wearing in the day and night) of my clothes spread out on my queen size bed, covering most of it.  Low and behold, right in the "middle" of all my clothes was my cat Buffey.  He always seems to know when I'm going on a trip, like he wants to go to. 🙂 Once again, thank you for your help.  This Sunday cannot come SOON enough for me!

I think I was a little embarrassed to ask at first when I first joined too.  I think it was mainly here on the ports of call section, but I figured it didn't hurt to ask and I did get the help I needed.  I have also gotten so many ideas of things to see/do in ports that I never even would thought if if it wasn't for CC. 

I loved your funny about packing!  I can relate.  I forgot about this picture till you told me about your Buffey.  This was 2 days before our flight to San Juan on our last trip as I was trying to pack (there are 2 in there, black on snuggled against the left). 

I hope you have a wonderful trip and great weather.  😊

20150917_155501.jpg

Oh how precious. It is amazing how they will squeeze in tight places, sometimes, trying to "hide" from us. 🙂  Aren't animals wonderful in our lives, especially when for us, our children are grown and out on their own.  I was just watching Buffey in our kitchen, and the next thing I knew, he kept "trying" pulling the cabinet door back, until he could get himself in there, just so he could hide from me. 🙂

I do have a question, and you may/may not remember, but it just dawned on me.  I have a feeling there is only one electrical outlet on the Fascination ship in the staterooms?   I think normally it is in the bathroom, but I could be wrong.  I was thinking someone said there was another one, but it was hidden down below some place, and I didn't know if you ever seen/used it, as I'm sure we will need more than one, if at all possible.

14 hours ago, beshears said:

Oh how precious. It is amazing how they will squeeze in tight places, sometimes, trying to "hide" from us. 🙂  Aren't animals wonderful in our lives, especially when for us, our children are grown and out on their own.  I was just watching Buffey in our kitchen, and the next thing I knew, he kept "trying" pulling the cabinet door back, until he could get himself in there, just so he could hide from me. 🙂

I do have a question, and you may/may not remember, but it just dawned on me.  I have a feeling there is only one electrical outlet on the Fascination ship in the staterooms?   I think normally it is in the bathroom, but I could be wrong.  I was thinking someone said there was another one, but it was hidden down below some place, and I didn't know if you ever seen/used it, as I'm sure we will need more than one, if at all possible.

They really are characters.  Ours do something every day that makes us laugh.  One of ours hides in the coat closet (the tabby in pic) and the first time he did it, it scared the living daylights out of me because he did not come for lunch and we could not find him and it's not like him to miss a meal.  Now if we can't find him, it's the first place I look.  My husband and I never had any kids, so the cats, our "boys" are our kids.  Your Buffey sounds like a character, I'm sure I'd adore him.  🙂

I really wish I could answer your question about the outlet on Fascination but I can't and only because we haven't been on Fascination yet.  We've done this itinerary out of San Juan, twice, but they were on Valor and again on Liberty, both Conquest class.  I do remember there was one outlet in the bathroom and one outlet in the main part of the stateroom by the mirror on the desk space.  We have always used a power strip, but if you use a power strip it has to be one without a surge protector (Carnival's rules).  We keep it in our carry-on when boarding the ship and never had an issue.  I've seen comments where others have had them confiscated and the reason is because there was a surge protector.  We bought one for our Valor cruise and use it only for cruising.  

Thank you for your input about the electrical outlet on the ship anyway. Yes Cruise Critic has been a lot of help to me down through the years, and I always recommend it to others, when they have questions about cruising, if I cannot answer their question.

Yes, it is amazing how animals (there are a couple channel's on TV that I watch of Vets taking care of just about any kind of animal that you could think of) become such a big part of our life, either while were growing up, or after our children are out of the nest.  I'll tell you a couple funny's.  As a young girl, I "loved" to watch the monkeys at the zoo.  I even wanted one to "take care" of, and "diaper"! 🙂 Well that never happened, and it is a good thing it didn't, as I'm sure at that age, or even older, I would not been able to take care of it, like they do at the zoo. 🙂  I did have twins, with many "diapers" to cover them with, when they were babies. This isn't funny, but we went to visit my husbands aunt and uncle out of town, and both of our boys had diarrhea at the same time, and I ran out of cloth diapers! There was no way we could get them washed/hung on the line and back on their bodies, before we needed diapers again.  Aunt Tommy would up using "kitchen towels!" 🙂 That is one time I will never forget, as they really came in handy, even if they had to be folded quite a bit, just to fit the boys. Speaking of "our/your" cats.  My husband never wanted a cat, as he was a dog person. My youngest son (he came 11 years after our twins) brought a cute baby black/white cat home.  He knew how his dad felt about cats!  I won't go into all the details, but we wound up keeping Jauna. One day Jauna  escaped out of the house, and we were frantic, as she was not an outside cat!  Would you believe my husband got in his truck, looking through the neighborhood, until Jauna was found! Jauna never weighed more than 5lbs, and she lived for 18 years. To say the least (we now have Buffey), Jim is a cat lover! 🙂

• Like 1

beshears,

There is only one outlet in the Fascination cabin.  It is over the desk.  We only had two devices to charge, so I took a three way plug and used it to charge both items at once.  There is an outlet in the bathroom but that is only for razors.

Have a wonderful cruise !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Mitsugirly

i thought of you the other day when I read this review on space for signature and reviews. Just came across the st. Kits thread today!   I guess it was meant to be💜

Post 240 and 243

Good luck

Edited by Still Dreaming

On 4/7/2019 at 11:59 AM, Still Dreaming said:

Mitsugirly

i thought of you the other day when I read this review on space for signature and reviews. Just came across the st. Kits thread today!   I guess it was meant to be💜

Post 240 and 243

Good luck

Ohhhhh, thank you so much. I'll definitely check into this.

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Ohhhhh, thank you so much. I'll definitely check into this.

Hey Kim, I think someone posted a link to my thread because of the issue with a max of 3 links in the signatures after the latest CC update.  Sorry this has nothing to do with St. Kitts, but I just wanted to report that the trick to make a google doc with all of your links, and then posting one single link to that doc in the signature, has worked perfectly!  Whoever thought of that idea is a genius! haha  At first, I just 'shared' the document and posted that link, but then I figured out how to 'publish to the web' so it looks nicer and more compact.  Considering how many links you currently have in your signature, this is a great work-around for you!  At some point, I remember you were trying to start your own website with all this cruising information... what ever happened with that? Because you could also post a second link to that website if you have it set up.

Either way, I hope you have a wonderful spring break cruise, and I can't wait to read your review!!  Hopefully I'll be finished with my review from my Carnival Dream cruise before you start posting your review so I'll have plenty of time to read it!

On 4/11/2019 at 11:40 AM, deladane said:

Hey Kim, I think someone posted a link to my thread because of the issue with a max of 3 links in the signatures after the latest CC update.  Sorry this has nothing to do with St. Kitts, but I just wanted to report that the trick to make a google doc with all of your links, and then posting one single link to that doc in the signature, has worked perfectly!  Whoever thought of that idea is a genius! haha  At first, I just 'shared' the document and posted that link, but then I figured out how to 'publish to the web' so it looks nicer and more compact.  Considering how many links you currently have in your signature, this is a great work-around for you!  At some point, I remember you were trying to start your own website with all this cruising information... what ever happened with that? Because you could also post a second link to that website if you have it set up.

Either way, I hope you have a wonderful spring break cruise, and I can't wait to read your review!!  Hopefully I'll be finished with my review from my Carnival Dream cruise before you start posting your review so I'll have plenty of time to read it!

Yes, I'm so glad you came up with this solution. I'm going to work on it when we get back from our cruise as a temp solution to my problem. 

I work on my website here and there, but honestly, I take too many vacations to keep up with it. 😄 I guess that's really not a bad thing...at least for me. HA! But I've been busy with school, work and owning a few companies that I just never had time. I have now finished school and sold a company...which only leaves me 2 jobs now. LOL  I'll be able to work a little more on it (after my upcoming cruise and review of course). 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!!

We are going to St.Kitts in June for a week. We are regulars to a small place in Negril Jamaica. I have been watching You Tube videos . The island looks beautiful. I also doesn't looked crowded . we are used to a 2 hour drive from the Airport to where we go to in Negril. This is gonna be short and sweet.

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2019 at 11:40 AM, deladane said:

Thank you so much for this info. I worked on a page the other day and well....here goes....I'm giving it a shot.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSKeubbh7LtuoKoGtgRxkdXEQF8H7yu94IXUu0kGYaIK-Cu5x2EIEnkm2K_QCeHtG5QgFDDBrEn1DcK/pub

Edited by mitsugirly

3 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Thank you so much for this info. I worked on a page the other day and well....here goes....I'm giving it a shot.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSKeubbh7LtuoKoGtgRxkdXEQF8H7yu94IXUu0kGYaIK-Cu5x2EIEnkm2K_QCeHtG5QgFDDBrEn1DcK/pub

It looks great! And isn’t it nice to be able to write as many words and include as many links as you want?? Haha 🤣 

12 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Sadly I get an error message when I click on your trip links...

14 hours ago, Still Dreaming said:

All links work for me!  Ended up scanning through your Epic reviews since we are booked on her next February.    Great info.

Great. (Hopefully you looked at the more recent one since it is a more in-depth report).

21 hours ago, bunnyette said:

Sadly I get an error message when I click on your trip links...

Hmm, I wonder why. They are working for me and others. What specifically isn't working for you so that I can check into it?

On 5/27/2019 at 12:41 PM, deladane said:

It looks great! And isn’t it nice to be able to write as many words and include as many links as you want?? Haha 🤣 

Very nice. I'm about to publish my website as well whether it's done or not and just keep adding to it. I've been working on it for years. LOL