CPAP - Must notify?

mrsderitis

Hi,

My husband is bringing a CPAP machine with us next week on Breakaway. Do we have to notify NCL that we're bringing this device? He does not need the distilled water, and will likely bring his own extension cord to use the machine. 

Anyone with experience, can you help me out? Just want to make sure all details are handled. Thanks!

5 hours ago, mrsderitis said:

Hi, My husband is bringing a CPAP machine with us next week on Breakaway. Do we have to notify NCL that we're bringing this device? He does not need the distilled water, and will likely bring his own extension cord to use the machine. Anyone with experience, can you help me out? Just want to make sure all details are handled. Thanks!

No notification needed. If you are in a non-suite, there are no outlets near the bed. We carry a 6' and 12' light weight extension cord to get from the desk to the bedside. We never carry a humidifier when on a cruise. 

I know there was a post in the past regarding the extension cord--that it had to be a certain one. without surge protector.

Cruise ships recently implemented rules against surge protectors because they can cause problems with the onboard electrical system.

2 hours ago, luv2cruise523 said:

My husband will be bringing his BiPap onboard. Can we bring the distilled water on board?

You don't need to bring your own distilled water, Just call the access desk and they provide the water for you .

1-866-584-9756

2 hours ago, luv2cruise523 said:

My husband will be bringing his BiPap onboard. Can we bring the distilled water on board?

If you desire to bring your own distilled water than you are required to receive PRIOR permission from NCL by emailing accessdesk@ncl.com otherwise it will be confiscated at the port. 

As others have said multiple times in this thread you may ask your TA, NCL PCC or steward for distilled water to be provided.

1 hour ago, luv2cruise523 said:

Thank you so much for your non snarky reply. It is most appreciated 🙂

Welcome, I would just check on the extension cord when you call--- I believe there is a certain one you need. Also they have the extension cords on board but it is 1st come to get them since they have a limited supply. Enjoy  your cruise. My husband has one too. So I just  call that number and they have always supplied it at no charge.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, esm54687 said:

If you desire to bring your own distilled water than you are required to receive PRIOR permission from NCL by emailing accessdesk@ncl.com otherwise it will be confiscated at the port. 

As others have said multiple times in this thread you may ask your TA, NCL PCC or steward for distilled water to be provided.

My father uses a CPAP machine. I always call or email the access desk to request distilled water if he is flying to the port of departure and to have the special designation listed on the cruise docs so that security doesn't confiscate any distilled water he may bring on with him.

They put a water bottle symbol on your docs if you are allowed to bring on certain liquids.