Caribbean Princess - bbq grill

phabric

24 minutes ago, phabric said:

On the Lido deck, near the pool there is pizzeria, bar and a bbq-.

Does the Caribbean have a bbq - grill for hamburger/hot dogs near the pool?

I believe you’re thinking of The Salty Dog Grill. Just slightly forward of the Neptune Pool. 

The grill near the pool on the CB is now called the Salty Dog Grill and the pizza place is the Slice Pizzeria.  The HC is now the World Fresh Market (WFM) and the back area where the Caribe was located is now the Plank BBQ on one side and Steamer's Seafood on the other side.  Both are open for breakfast and lunch with no charge but dinner is $12 each.  The grill and pizzeria have the original offerings and some new additions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phabric said:

Is there a charge for Salty Dog Grill?

No charge for everything except the Ernesto Burger. $5 for the burger alone, $8 for the burger and a beer. 

I tried the burger a d tossed it after two bites and got my money back. AWFUL. 😖

28 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

No charge for everything except the Ernesto Burger. $5 for the burger alone, $8 for the burger and a beer. 

I tried the burger a d tossed it after two bites and got my money back. AWFUL. 😖

What is supposed to be great about the Ernesto Burger?

5 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Supposed to be: celebrity chef, fancy ingredients. 

Reality: 🤬

One of the hype points is the inclusion of pork belly. Reality-just a big slab of rubbery fat!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoneharborlady said:

The Salty Dog Gastropub introduces the "Ernesto", a uniquely crafted rib eye burger created exclusively for Princess by burger expert Chef Uchimura.

Ingredients: Fresh ground rib eye and short rib patty, grilled pork belly, cave aged gruyere, caramelized kimchi, beer battered jalapeno, charred onion aioli, smoked salt & pepper brioche bun

A fantastic addition to the offerings on deck. At $5 it is a bargain and if you add a beer, it is only another $3. When reading grilled pork belly, think ooh..bacon..😎

1 hour ago, Ep010835 said:

Supposed to be: celebrity chef, fancy ingredients. 

Reality: 🤬

One of the hype points is the inclusion of pork belly. Reality-just a big slab of rubbery fat!

As someone above pointed out, it is bacon. Think of it as ground bacon added to the hamburger and cooked in. We have a restaurant in town that makes them, it is decadent!

23 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

As someone above pointed out, it is bacon. Think of it as ground bacon added to the hamburger and cooked in. We have a restaurant in town that makes them, it is decadent!

NO, a thousand times NO.

The Ernesto is just a big old piece of fatty, rubbery pork belly put on top of the burger.  

GROSS!🤬

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

NO, a thousand times NO.

The Ernesto is just a big old piece of fatty, rubbery pork belly put on top of the burger.  

GROSS!🤬

I am guessing yours was not prepared properly, in which case you deserved your money back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeanandjim said:

The Salty Dog Gastropub introduces the "Ernesto", a uniquely crafted rib eye burger created exclusively for Princess by burger expert Chef Uchimura.

Ingredients: Fresh ground rib eye and short rib patty, grilled pork belly, cave aged gruyere, caramelized kimchi, beer battered jalapeno, charred onion aioli, smoked salt & pepper brioche bun

A fantastic addition to the offerings on deck. At $5 it is a bargain and if you add a beer, it is only another $3. When reading grilled pork belly, think ooh..bacon..😎

I had the Ernesto burger and it was messy but great! I felt it was worth the wait, and the $5. I simply got a drink from the bar and grabbed a seat at a table. I sipped my drink until they brought the burger to me. :classic_smile: