Symphony of the Seas-deluxe drink package

Schatzie45

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

Do you remember what they charged for a Martini,  my wife's Cosmo was about 3 or 4 dollars more than my gin and tonic.  With  the new prices a package pays for itself quick. 

Sorry I do not recall  but , I don't think that all Drinks are now $13.99 there is a live from the Symphony this week and on page 9 the poster has a  menu from playmakers posted and the cocktails are listed at $12.00 so I think not much has changed from the past few months.  link below to live review

• Like 1

3 hours ago, er345 said:

Just an FYI for future Symphony travelers, the lowest the package on our 3/2/19 cruise has been is $52 a day plus gratuities. 

TO give you some hope, the same was true for our Allure sailing next week.   Only recently did it drop to $44 pp/pd, then out of the blue last weekend it went to $39.   Its all a function of how much traffic they have.   If sales are low, they'll lower the price.   If sales are brisk, they'll keep the price high.

21 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

TO give you some hope, the same was true for our Allure sailing next week.   Only recently did it drop to $44 pp/pd, then out of the blue last weekend it went to $39.   Its all a function of how much traffic they have.   If sales are low, they'll lower the price.   If sales are brisk, they'll keep the price high.

Wow! I hope you snapped that up at $39.  That’s a great deal!

Also good to know I should keep checking my cruise planner up to the sailing week. 

1 minute ago, er345 said:

Wow! I hope you snapped that up at $39.  That’s a great deal!

Also good to know I should keep checking my cruise planner up to the sailing week. 

Sure did.    It was actually my 3rd cancel and re-book for this sailing.   First bought at $52...then $49....then $44...finally $39.   For the two of us, that's a $231 savings from original booking.

13 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Do you remember what they charged for a Martini,  my wife's Cosmo was about 3 or 4 dollars more than my gin and tonic.  With  the new prices a package pays for itself quick. 

Cosmo and Martini with house spirits would typically be the same price.

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Cosmo and Martini with house spirits would typically be the same price.

I was really wondering about the bump in prices. The OP said a mixed cocktail like a gin and tonic was $13.99 on his Symphony sailing.  My wife martinis are usually 3 or 4 dollars more.  I would be amazed if Martinis went into the $18.00 dollar range. If so I will be confined to the Diamond Hours. I did notice that when ordering a drink from the waiters in the bars they get the drinks from the back rooms during Diamond hours , when ordering from the bartender they are made fresh at the bar.  Also at the Wonderland bar they use the better quality spirits for voucher drinks. 

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

I was really wondering about the bump in prices. The OP said a mixed cocktail like a gin and tonic was $13.99 on his Symphony sailing.  My wife martinis are usually 3 or 4 dollars more.  I would be amazed if Martinis went into the $18.00 dollar range. If so I will be confined to the Diamond Hours. I did notice that when ordering a drink from the waiters in the bars they get the drinks from the back rooms during Diamond hours , when ordering from the bartender they are made fresh at the bar.  Also at the Wonderland bar they use the better quality spirits for voucher drinks. 

I would sooner believe that they will raise all alcoholic drink prices to that of the beverage package limit.

20 hours ago, zdad59 said:

Sure did.    It was actually my 3rd cancel and re-book for this sailing.   First bought at $52...then $49....then $44...finally $39.   For the two of us, that's a $231 savings from original booking.

I have to look for this for our 5/26 sailing on Allure

So the BOGO is kinda random?  Best to keep checking every day ?  Or will it just be there?

We just booked so I can't get on to my planner yet to see any pricing.  

We also have 2 rooms, with an adult and child in each room.  I wonder if the BOGO would work across both rooms?

• 2 weeks later...

When I was on the Anthem last year with the drink package my concern was also that I would have to pay extra for my drinks when I got the drink package, there wasnt a single charge extra for any drink myself or my husband got, you can also ask the bartenders if some drink that your concerned over will be extra, I always got a naaa, and then after few days I stopped asking. We are also going on symphony in 2020 which is why I saw this thread.

On 2/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, Schatzie45 said:

yes a simple rum and coke was $13.99  Trust me I had simple bourbon and cokes and they were $13.99 a drink. That's one of the reasons we went ahead and got the package. I don't know if prices are the same on all ships or just the Symphony

A simple  bourbon and coke is 8.95 (plus the 18% gratuity) for Buffalo Trace or Maker’s Mark. Bullet or Gentleman Jack a dollar more.  Gray Goose and Patron Reposado are $11.99.

Your recollection of prices is way off.