Time change in Grand Cayman?

kitiara

We will be on in Grand Cayman on March 12, on the Adventure of the Seas. I know that Grand Cayman doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time, so I need to know if the ship's time will be adjusted to Grand Cayman's time (clock set 1 hour backward)?

IF the time changes, you will be notified. SHIP'S time is ALL that matters!  Bring a watch...,don't rely on your cell phone, as it will show local time...and that is NOT what you want to know!   There are multiple clocks on the ship.  Make sure your watch is set to the same time as the ship's clocks!  That way, everyone is on the same page.

If you're worried about some private excursion...the tour guides KNOW how this works!  Tell them the posted time on your itinerary, and they will figure it out.

14 hours ago, kitiara said:

We will be on in Grand Cayman on March 12, on the Adventure of the Seas. I know that Grand Cayman doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time, so I need to know if the ship's time will be adjusted to Grand Cayman's time (clock set 1 hour backward)?

No ship time change on Adventure yesterday at Grand Cayman, but that does not ean it will always be that way.  Each cruise can be different, so you cannot depend on it being the same for your cruise.

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

No ship time change on Adventure yesterday at Grand Cayman, but that does not ean it will always be that way.  Each cruise can be different, so you cannot depend on it being the same for your cruise.

Isn't Grand Cayman in the Eastern time zone? Until we go on daylight savings time the U.S. east coast, Grand Cayman, and Adventure all have the same time.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Isn't Grand Cayman in the Eastern time zone? Until we go on daylight savings time the U.S. east coast, Grand Cayman, and Adventure all have the same time.

I think you are correct, the time there was the same aa ship time and we are still on EST.

I just received this info from a tour operator when I inquired about an excursion in July.  

The Cayman Islands do not observe daylight saving and remain on the same time year round; we are 5 hours behind GMT. Ship time vs Cayman local time can be a bit confusing; some ships change time with each port; some do not. The Cayman Islands are an hour behind Florida time and the same as Texas/New Orleans time from March 10 until November 03, 2019. If your cruise ship stays on Florida time, then your ship time is an hour ahead of Cayman local time. If your ship stays on Texas/New Orleans time then your ship time should be the same as Cayman time.  If you have any concerns about what time zone your ship will be on we are more than happy to provide the past arrival times for your ship. We do suggest double checking all arrival and departure information with your cruise ship directly. 

12 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

No time change for the western sailing (Grand Cayman) on Adventure on the January 13th sailing.

Once again, Florida, Grand Cayman, and Adventure all live in the same time zone and have the same time during standard time. And Cozumel happens to be in the Eastern time zone also.

The ship will probably remain on standard time until you start to return to Florida or change on the day of arrival.  My cruise returns to Florida on the 12th.  So I'm expecting to lose an hour on the last night.  I padded my departure schedule an hour just in case but I doubt it will matter. 

21 minutes ago, Rasvar said:

The ship will probably remain on standard time until you start to return to Florida or change on the day of arrival.  My cruise returns to Florida on the 12th.  So I'm expecting to lose an hour on the last night.  I padded my departure schedule an hour just in case but I doubt it will matter. 

Just to clarify, our cruise starts on March 10 from Port Everglades. In Florida, the time will change from Eastern Standard Time to Daylight Saving Time at 2AM on March 10 (1 hour forward).

I'm assuming that Adventure of the Seas will also move it's time to Daylight Saving Time apon arrival in Florida on March 10 AM. Therefore, when we embark later that day, the ship will be on Daylight Saving Time.

That is why I'm concerned about Grand Cayman on March 12. We booked a private excursion at 8:30AM LOCAL TIME (Eastern Standard Time). IF Adventure of the Seas stays on Daylight Saving Time, then we have enough time to catch a tender boat and be at the meeting point on time. However, IF Adventure of the Seas adjusts to Cayman Time (setting clocks 1 hour backward), then we are afraid to miss our meeting time for our excursion because of the tender process.

Oh wait.  Yeah, ship time will likely be on DST.  Confusing my dates.  I kept thinking the 12th was Sunday.  Best bet is to look for an old Compass on the route to see if the ship changed time during DST time.

Edited by Rasvar

2 minutes ago, Rasvar said:

Oh wait.  Yeah, ship time will likely be on DST.  Confusing my dates.  I kept thinking the 12th was Sunday.  Best bet is to look for an old Compass on the route to see if the ship changed time during DST time.

If the ship had a different captain the old Compass will mean nothing.