drink prices on the EDGE?

3red7s

Hello folks....so happy to be sailing on the Edge in April....The drink packages for alcohol appear to be pricey....can someone tell me what the average cost of a domestic beer? house wine? mixed drink? fancy drink? thanks!!

Prices vary by brand -    I'll give you the minimum price

Beer -   $7.00 for Bud  $11.00 for Stella 

Wine -  $9.00 for Beringer White Zinfandel

Mixed Drink -  About $11 minimum

while not from Edge here’s a couple menus   Eden prices over the top. 73A7E611-F051-43E9-B33D-CFE0CD62A05A.thumb.jpeg.9c6ccd92709188af298edb57ce417139.jpegBB61E7F9-4F3A-4765-85BB-79B51CF587A8.thumb.jpeg.032e0fc9a5ac1541836412246ecc5a85.jpegF355D702-E548-469B-8260-C5536988A6A1.thumb.jpeg.295d46a5f5de8f2f41b04191a267c6f1.jpeg5DFCD1BA-CB99-4D41-A8F1-1E754A2FEDB9.thumb.jpeg.b104fdde7ffb3ed16907b41b2100d43f.jpeg904DD248-C47C-4D37-9ADE-DD8545E4E65B.thumb.jpeg.c4142d5a3530978756c37ccdadf01687.jpeg071E9417-4625-4F83-A311-0019694FECD8.thumb.jpeg.f234148ce2f24bb79659f6f62204bb62.jpeg

CF415895-9A4E-47F6-979A-4DBEDBD5C71D.jpeg

B4A338F3-D27B-43E1-8F7D-DB428E3CBA4E.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

So confusing.  I see Stella listed on your menu here as $12 but looking at what is posted by thepreismans from a recent sailing on the edge, it shows as $11.  http://www.thepreismans.com/edge_19_menus.htm  What is up with the random prices for bottle beer and what is the right price.  So confused.

My recent November cruise, I thought they were $10 but maybe I just kept that thinking since I had the premium package and didn't look too close since covered.  It seems the prices go up by a $1 every time I see a new menu.  I don't have a drink package this time (yet) and really trying to do some math but this makes it near impossible. 

I know it's all about the bottom line for Celebrity but sheeshhhh !!!!!

43 minutes ago, poffles said:

So confusing.  I see Stella listed on your menu here as $12 but looking at what is posted by thepreismans from a recent sailing on the edge, it shows as $11.  http://www.thepreismans.com/edge_19_menus.htm  What is up with the random prices for bottle beer and what is the right price.  So confused.

My recent November cruise, I thought they were $10 but maybe I just kept that thinking since I had the premium package and didn't look too close since covered.  It seems the prices go up by a $1 every time I see a new menu.  I don't have a drink package this time (yet) and really trying to do some math but this makes it near impossible. 

I know it's all about the bottom line for Celebrity but sheeshhhh !!!!!

We’re you on the Edge?

17 minutes ago, Oville said:

We’re you on the Edge?

Sorry no ... should have said was on the Equinox as I see how it may have sounded like I meant the Edge.

So I appreciate the Edge may be more so nothing surprises me there, but it is confusing when I look at the menu(s) posted in link I added above as they are supposed to be from the Edge.  I even see one menu showing buckets of beer (pool bar) that are only $24 I think, never seen buckets before on my Celebrity sailings.  Love buckets of beer by the pool so this is an argument against having a package.  Also intrigued by the cocktail 'pitchers' at the Sunset bar.

Edited by poffles

2 hours ago, poffles said:

Sorry no ... should have said was on the Equinox as I see how it may have sounded like I meant the Edge.

So I appreciate the Edge may be more so nothing surprises me there, but it is confusing when I look at the menu(s) posted in link I added above as they are supposed to be from the Edge.  I even see one menu showing buckets of beer (pool bar) that are only $24 I think, never seen buckets before on my Celebrity sailings.  Love buckets of beer by the pool so this is an argument against having a package.  Also intrigued by the cocktail 'pitchers' at the Sunset bar.

Oh no problem, I was quite sure Edge did not have revenue cruises in November.  Honestly, I think it is hard to compare bar menus especially among ships.  Thank you for clarification.  Katie

8 hours ago, Oville said:

Oh no problem, I was quite sure Edge did not have revenue cruises in November.  Honestly, I think it is hard to compare bar menus especially among ships.  Thank you for clarification.  Katie

Yes I agree comparing among ships is a challenge but I at least hoped there would be clarity on prices on the Edge but guess the higher price is the one that I can expect.  I am currently leaning towards the purchase as I at least expect I would break even and I won't have to overthink things while on vacation.  Considering it's not all about the alcohol drinks (love the specialty coffees) it doesn't take as much as one might think to make it worth it.  I still keep hoping a flash sale will happen before I sail to at least take some of the sting out of it.  🤞