RCL Cruisers - A Drink Pkg on Mediterranean Cruise?

Truluv

I've always purchased at least a soda pkg on RCL Caribbean cruises -- and have found it worthwhile, between the freestyle machines and sodas at dinner.  I'll be going on a bucket list Mediterranean cruise in the Fall, and am wondering whether it would be a good idea to purchase either a soda pkg or the Evian water.  The water ends up being about $3/bottle.  There are only two sea days on the 9-day cruise.  Port days will be busy with tours.  Has anyone purchased a beverage pkg on a Mediterranean or European cruise?  Did you find it useful?  Thanks for input.

Edited by Truluv
corrected typo

We have done two Mediterranean cruises - one with and one without the beverage package. They are port intensive days if you plan to tour a lot so you probably don’t need to purchase the deluxe - though it does include bottled water, fresh OJ, coffees (not Starbucks).  If you can find a post showing the price of drinks onboard you can easily do the math to see if it is worthwhile. I like having things prepaid and not having any surprises, so for me it is worth buying.

I would for sure just do the water...  Normally we get the boozy drink package, but the Med cruise is so port intensive!  When we went, we were barely on the ship 🙂. It was a while ago, and we pre-bought a few bottles of wine, and had so much that we ended up sharing lots with our table mates 🙂

Not on Royal, but we sailed on MSC in the Mediterranean last November and had the Aurea experience which comes with a drink package. We had a very Port intensive itinerary (only one sea day) but we were very grateful to have a drink package.

Yes, we got water bottles every time we had a chance, not only for our time ashore but also to keep in the cabin. And even though we are not big drinkers, it was still very nice to enjoy a few glasses of wine with dinner, or a few drinks after a long day ashore. My wife also enjoyed the  included specialty coffees frequently. 

Overall, we calculated that if we didn’t have a drink package included with the Aurea experience, we would’ve spent about $800 out of pocket between water, drinks and coffee for our family of 4. Well worth it to have a drink package in my opinion.