Solo cruise to Alaska?

shoegal24

Hi everyone 

I was thinking of taking a 4 day cruise solo to Alaska this May on the Golden. 

I’m married with 2 young kids and previously went to Alaska 8 years ago with Celebrity on my honeymoon. 

Will there be many (or any) single travelers? Will I likely be bored? I’ve never traveled alone before but since I’m out west for work prior to the cruise, I thought 4 days would be a perfect length of time to get away. 

I have traveled solo to Alaska and I am never bored. Though I don't need anyone around me to "make it fun". I love the scenery in Alaska and can just camp out on deck and watch the scenery go by. I would recommend joining the roll call for your ship/sailing date. This way you will "know some other people" before you get on the ship. 

I think Princess people are usually pretty friendly and you can always find very nice people to dine with or join a trivia game with. I think it is great you are taking advantage of being out West and adding a short fun trip to a work trip.

I have traveled with a cabin mate, but often do activities on my own.  If you are willing to start conversations (in the Princess Theater, over meals, in the public areas) you will find lots of people who will return the friendliness.  Join your roll call.  The Golden is one of my favorite ships.  Will you be going to Alaskan ports or is this a repositioning cruise?  Alaskan ports are relatively safe to do on your own.

Oh yes! Enjoy your solo trip!  Nature and the beauty of it can be such a personal enrichment.  Thats the beauty of Princess, you can 'be in a crowd' as you are attending the lectures, have a cup of soup or coffee on deck looking at the glaciers just taking in the scenary alone, no one will find this odd.  Photo taking and walking deck 7 or on top deck at all hours of daylight (20 of them).. go for it.  Even in town walking around, if one was alone - its not really noticed.  Yes, enjoy yourself, reward yourself.. 

Edited by melodyina
spelling
  • Like 1

I didn't know Princess did 4-day cruises to Alaska so I looked to see what port they sail from and how many ports.  The Golden does 4-day RT from Vancouver to Ketchikan on 5/14 (Tue) and 9/21 (Sat) this year.  So one port and 2 sea days.  On Wed. 9/11, there's also a 5-day RT on the Island from Vancouver with stops in Juneau and Ketchikan and 2 sea days.  Think these would only be practical/economical for those living on the west coast.  The 5/14 looks to be fully booked so I guess Princess knew what they were doing.