Kids using slides on own

billsr

I have 2 boys ages 14 and 12 that both meet the height and weight minimums for the water slides.   Found a pic of water slide signage that says children must be supervised by a parent; but they do explictly state any age.  This would certainly be an activity that I would be comfortable with my boys having the freedom to visit on their own without the need for parental supervision.     Wondering if others have allowed their 12 year olds to visit the slides on their own without concerns from the Crew.

Bill  

A twelve year old can check themselves in and out of the teen club at will, thus meaning they (pretty much)have free run of the ship. I think they'll be fine on the water slides. I know mine has had no questions asked over his past three cruises (since about age 10 or so). 

What kind of supervision are you thinking, like you need to follow them up the slide?  I would just tell your kids to point to the group that if people at the bottom of the slide and say that you are waiting for them at the end of the slide. 

Our 8 year old went On slides by herself as I don’t do water slides and my husband is too big. It was no big deal. 

On Harmony last April, my wife and I hit the water slides, dry slides, and flowriders numerous times. There were children in the lines every time, i never once saw a staff member ask them to point out who their parents were. 

Likely a policy put in place due to unruly kids.  By stating as policy the parents can't go ballistic on crew when "Johnny Angel" gets booted from the slide for doing stupid stuff.   

Well behaved children are generally welcome everywhere but as soon as they get out of hand the policy has to be in place for crew to act.

Thanks all.   Looks like there won't be an issue with boys visiting the slides on their own without dragging us in tow.   They will be relieved that Dad won't be cramping their style.  I'll be relieved that I won't keep losing my lounge chair.  Thanks folks.

18 hours ago, nashirak said:

On Harmony last April, my wife and I hit the water slides, dry slides, and flowriders numerous times. There were children in the lines every time, i never once saw a staff member ask them to point out who their parents were. 

This was our recent experience on Adventure of the Seas, January 2019. Lots of kids in line with no parents in sight. Some noise (the waiting tower is an enclosed space, so it really echoes) but no misbehaving that we noticed.