Disembark food from ship

I think they answer may be as easy as to look at your US, UK, Australia Customs declaration.   Since the OP stated they had a long wait at the airport I have to assume it is at the end of the cruise. 

One of the questions is are you carrying any meat, food or fruit  etc.   On the back of the U.S form as well as UK and Australian Form it specifically says you are prohibited from bringing in fruits, vegetable etc etc.   You will also see amnesty bins for such items just prior to customs.  

I really enjoy watching a program called Board Patrol - Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and UK.  It is loaded with people being busted for not checking the box under -are you carrying any food, fruit, plants etc..   After being busted the agents say... why did you mark NO under this question.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

Well I was told by some seasoned Celebrity cruisers that taking food from the ship (OVC or Cafe Al bacio) onto shore is a big no-no... and they way they said it was implying it was the rule for all celebrity cruises - not just the one we were doing in Australia

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I really enjoy watching a program called Board Patrol - Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and UK.  It is loaded with people being busted for not checking the box under -are you carrying any food, fruit, plants etc..   After being busted the agents say... why did you mark NO under this question.  

I remember in an episode of either the NZ or Australian version, not long before landing the crew served breakfast that included an apple. Many passengers put the apple in their carryon bags to eat later. They were all then fined $220 for not ticking the box on the form - which was distributed before the apple.

• Like 1